Open today: 09:00 - 17:00

Ways to Experience Irish Experience Tours
All reviews great tour wild atlantic way small group ring of kerry tour sean moher cliffs guide ireland shackleton killarney company introduction
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2019

We booked a private Ring of Kerry tour from Cork. The page on their website says very clearly that they "move away from the hustle and bustle of the loud tourist routes". Our tour followed the tour buses and stopped everywhere they stopped. The page also talks about hiking, saying that the tour would go to Derrynane rather than Bray Head if the weather is bad. We didn't get offered either. By the time I realised how different our tour was to that advertised, it was too late to do anything about it.

I got one reply and a 10% refund when I queried this with the company, which is something I guess. They simply pointed to the fact that the tour on the page was "a sample" and when we spoke on the phone (very briefly) when I was discussing booking with them I'd said there wasn't anything in specific we wanted to see (I didn't hear from them again until very late the day before, and that was just to establish pick up location and time). How that translates to 'just follow the large coaches' is beyond me. At no point on the tour did the driver tell us where we were going, or asked what we wanted to see.

Plenty of people seemed happy with the tours they've had, so this may well be a one off. And ultimately we did see Kerry from a mini-bus, with the occasion touristy photo stop that we could have gotten on much cheaper tours. My advice is to make sure that, if you like the look of what they're advertising, you're very clear with them that that's what you want. It should go without saying, but I guess not everyone agrees.

Date of experience: July 2019
Curiosity61601641272, Owner at Irish Experience Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2019

Hello Bruce, thank you for the feedback.

It's important for the reader to know, that this was fora a 1 DAY PRIVATE TOUR of the Ring of Kerry.

As I said numerous times to you but you seemed to just dismiss it, it clearly states the following on the 1 Day Private tour page and before the private tour sample itinerary -

Please note: Below is just a sample itinerary. If there are certain things you want to see & do this can be arranged with us before or after booking or with your driver on the morning of departure. There are many things to see & do to suit the different needs and wants of families and friends.

You were asked if you wanted to see and do certain things. You said no, so I advised the driver to do the normal Ring of Kerry route. The majority of people prefer this route as not everyone is into walking or hiking. Since you didn't mention anything about a walk or hike, I assumed you were in the majority. I obviously assumed wrong, and I apologies for this.

We advertise this sample itinerary on the private tours section, to show people what can be done and to show how flexible we can be to suit certain needs and wants.

We really didn't have to give you the 10% refund and not many companies would do it. But we did it because we care.

All the best

Sean

Reviewed 27 July 2019

My mom and I loved everything about this tour! Sean showed us a perfect mix of both popular and off the beaten path attractions. He had great suggestions for hikes and other activities and gave us many opportunities for photo stops. All of our accommodations were comfortable and had great breakfasts. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 26 July 2019

I did the Southwest tour through Ireland and I really enjoyed it. We traveled with a nice small group, only 9 people, and the great guide Aidan. Aidan is easy going, very friendly and knows a lot about his country. If I were his employer I would give him a raise. I recommend the sunset kayaking tour. Due to good weather conditions we could go all the way to the end, into the caves and we saw Fungi the dolphin. Awesome! I also enjoyed Killarney and the entire west coast, including the Ring of Kerry, the Cliffs of Moher, the island of Inisheer (Inis Oirr) and Galway. I was the only one in the group who had the hostel option where I also met many other people. It was a journey to remember. One comment: check the itinerary. The whole group thought there was only 1 night in Killarney, but we stayed 2 nights at the same location. No probleem, but it would have been nice to know in advance, since we were now ready with packed bags, while that was not necessary.

Reviewed 25 July 2019

We did the private 1 day Dingle peninsula tour (from Killarney) with Rory. I recommend this to any group or family. If you want something more than sitting in a bus all day, this is for you. Rory took us off the beaten path for an adventurous day. There was no pressure, no rush. He was full of wonderful commentary and conversation. He got a good feel for our family and made suggestions, and he was open to requests too. This is a private tour and he was very flexible. We loved the town of dingle so much, we spent time there twice, once for a little shopping, the other for a late lunch/early dinner meal. The Slea Head hike was breathtaking, and the beach was astounding (bring towels and baby powder to get the fine sand off your feet). Rory actually took us to 2 beaches that day (we had unbelievable weather). Countless little hikes, vistas, waterfalls, bouldering. Our family ranged from ages 9 to 54. Do this tour, and ask for Rory.

1  Thank CoreyF317
Reviewed 13 July 2019

This was a great tour. Being a small group, the guide was flexible and accommodated whenever possible. We hit off the path hikes, as well as the major highlights. We were told of the attractions in each area and where to find things. I felt really looked after.

Date of experience: June 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction