3,472 results
All reviews orchid restaurant outdoor jacuzzi drawing room afternoon tea five star hotel turn down service wonderful hotel cork city old world spa treatments eggs benedict top class steam room from start to finish lovely touch university college cork leisure centre
Reviewed 22 August 2012

An absolute treat! Staff super alert and efficient. The only thing I would "recommend" is changing the Bistro menu more often, I have no idea when its changed I stayed 4 nights. Breakfast is the best i have had in a long time! Reception is exceptional, cleanliness in rooms are spotless!
Had a great stay and was sorry to leave.
IML and I.Terzi

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the back garden are quiet
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IMLeonTerzi
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Guest IMLeonTerzi,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to write your wonderful review and also for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor on your recent visit to Cork.

I am delighted that you really enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for the wonderful feedback on our staff and also our cuisine, which I am, thrilled you enjoyed. Thank you also for your recommendation, I have taken it on board and will be reviewing with the team.

Upon your next visit to Cork, we would love to have the pleasure of welcoming you back through our doors.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

From the moment you contact the hotel the customer experience begins and then when you enter the hotel the reception received is one that makes you feel very welcome, follow this with excellent service and top quality food it really is a 5 star experience

Room Tip: The room was in the old house and was very spacious
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest Brian K,

It was a pleasure to read through your great review and hear what an enjoyable experience you had with us. Thank you for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor and also for choosing to stay with us.

Thank you for the positive feedback about our hotel and our staff in particluar, I will be sure to extend your praise on to the whole team. It is a pleasure to get such wonderful feedback, and is a real boost of morale for the whole team and myself. Thank you again.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I've been here many a Saturday for Afternoon Tea, but today myself and my mother went for a fantastic offer of a massage and lunch. It was out of this world. Massage was wow...thanks Lisa, staff amazing and lunch was just beautiful. can't wait to be back for more spa treatments and lovely food too.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest Fiona T,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review of Hayfield Manor.I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to us. I am particularly glad to hear that you enjoyed your massage and lunch so much. I will be certain to pass on your kind comments to Lisa and the whole team.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back through our doors, hopefully in the near future.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 20 August 2012

An excellent hotel with beautiful gardens, luxurious accommodation and first class service. The weather was lovely when we were there and we had (delicious) lunch in the garden on two occasions. The staff are very special, they really care about their guests and go to endless trouble to please.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BettyLinn

Dear Guest BettyLinn,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor recently and for taking the time to write your lovely review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The positive feedback is wonderful to hear and is very much appreciated by the whole team. We welcome all guest feedback, but it is a great morale booster for all of us to hear such positive reviews. It was also great to read that you enjoyed the cuisine on offer at the hotel and I would like to thank you for supporting both our restaurants.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed at Hayfield Manor as part of a weekend break in Cork with a friend. From the moment we arrived the level of service and warmth of greeting was exemplary. I have been fortunate enough to have travelled extensively and stayed in many excellent hotels around the world but the Hayfield Manor could teach the best of them a thing or two about service. Attentive without being intrusive and where nothing was too much trouble, smiling, friendly, and prestinely turned-out staff saw to our every need.

The room was beautifully and stylishly furnished with everything you would need for a comfortable stay. The bathroom however let it down a little, the sealant around the bath being discoloured and in need of some attention, and the bath taps a little tempramental.

The breakfast was very good, well presented, attentively served, and with an excellent selection of Items. The Irish cooked Breakfast however was a little weak, the sausages being very small indeed and accompanied by a surfeit of sautéed potatoes that looked a little out of place on the plate, though possibly this is more an issue of personal taste (my preference being potato bread/hash browns as an accompaniment). The Eggs Benedict however were the best I've yet tasted, just perfection.

We also used the hotels wonderful leisure facilities, the pool, steam room and Jacuzzi all being of the highest standard easily accessed and scrupulously maintained.

All in all we had a wonderful stay. The Hayfield Manor is arguably one of the best hotels I've stayed at in Ireland. In the tradition of the great family-run grand Irish hotels of the past but even better. I would have no hesitation recommending it, and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank MarkBlackburne
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear Mr Blackburne,
I would like to thank you very much for the great review you took the time to post. I was delighted to read your kind comments in relation to our service, our staff and our amenities.

Your feedback regarding breakfast and the bathroom has been passed on to the relevant departments and we shall certainly address these forthwith.

Your final note referencing great family run hotels is especially appreciated as we do endeavour to retain a good sense of family and to make Hayfield feel like home to all of our guests.

I am delighted that you plan on returning and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,