1,239 results
All reviews military hill hill overlooking the city night porter steep hill city centre lovely hotel bridal suite hotel restaurant full irish large room four star stayed here for one night from start to finish top class cookhouse receptionist wedding
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Just back from another enjoyable break. From start to finish it was really enjoyable.
Eoin and his crew look after you so well.

Really friendly staff especially April on reception, Sally-anne Mandy, Amy, Jack Anthony and Ronan. Housekeeping staff are also very friendly and look after you so well.

Great chefs really enjoyable breakfast wide range of choice. Super yummy evening meals, nothing is a problem to the staff especially Mandy Sally and Amy.

Lovely comfortable bedrooms with balcony giving amazing views of cork by day and night. Large fluffy bath towels and a safety bath mat which was great for mam. Lovely big bathroom.

Great base for seeing cork. We went to Cobh, Kinsale, Blarney Castle, Donkey Sanctuary, Fota, garretstown beach, drove out around west cork fantastic scenery and Killarney.

The city is great for retail therapy also Mahon point well worth a visit. It's about 10 min walk to city around 30 back with the hills but the service and welcome you get are well worth it also taxis are reasonable.

That only leaves me to say big thank you to Eoin and everyone for looking after mam and making this another really enjoyable trip and this is why we keep returning. Here's looking forward to the next one.

THANKS GUYS

ALWYN AND FAMILY

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We thank:
Hospitality
Room
Breakfast
Location in the hill 1km from the shopping street.

We didn't like:
The parking spaces were full without warning. There were wedding at the hotel so it was understandable but a warning at the gate and some extra parking spaces at nearby streets would have been nice.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
EDaly2397, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Health Club Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Finnishfireman,

Thank you for your recent review posted and the positive aspects of your stay with us here at the Ambassador Hotel.

With regards to the car park unfortunately during your stay we had quite a number of events on and this caused difficulty at peak times with parking.

Certainly going forward it is something my team and I will monitor going forward as we would constantly look for areas to improve our service and improve the guest experience overall.

Thank you again for your constructive approach when reviewing the hotel.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight in this lovely hotel. Excellent location 15min walk from center. Wonderful view over cork city from our bedroom. Very comfy bed. We ate in the hotel resturant food and service were very good. Mandy our server for dinner and breakfast was very friendly efficient and professional. 9 out of 10 over all.. would recommend and I would return. Free parking is also a bonus in a city hotel. Well done Ambassador Hotel.

Dear Caroline M,

Thank you sincerely for your kind words after staying with us recently.

The service industry for most of us is more than a career,it is a constant search for the best solutions to constantly provide a high standard of service creating a guest experience where the ambience,atmosphere and our desire to please is at the forefront.

Thank you also for your recognition of Mandy,a member of our team who never ceases in her approach to customer care,but to receive such kind feedback will always put a spring in our step so to speak.

Once again Caroline,

Thank you again and hopefully in the future I will get an opportunity to personally welcome you back to the hotel,

Kindest Regards

General manager.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed with Eoin and his great team after we discovered our air bnb in cork was a disaster. We were comforted in our distress and everybody could not do enough for us. The Ambassador was spotless, spacious and so friendly. Our stay was a really lovely experience. Thanks guys:-))

Dear Peter,

Obviously I met you during your stay and I was delighted you enjoyed your stay after we spoke.

It was a shame for you to arrive in Cork and find your accommodation pre-booked was less than satisfactory but I was delighted we were able to accommodate you and that you enjoyed your time with us.

Hopefully in the future you will visit our great city again and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the Ambassador Hotel,

Kindest Regards,

General Manager.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

the hotel is beautiful, with a lot of charm. On the other hand there are many things that displeased me:
1. There is a bad smell in the corridors / stairs
2. There were not in the room: toilet brush , hairdryer, refrigerator,
3. the pillows are thin and uncomfortable. 4. We expect more than that for a 4 star hotel for the continental breakfast.
5. Weight room machines are aging and not all usable

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Geo-Rouen,

Thank you for your review posted on TA and I apologise for the shortcomings you feel you encountered during your stay with us.

I will endeavour to respond to your review in the fashion it was presented point by point.

Please find my response below,

1.The smell in the corridors is an unusual one as it is not a comment I have heard previously and being someone who is in the hotel 6/7 days a week I am sure I would have noticed what you pertain to be a bad smell.
Its a pretty general comment as to suggest this is a common occurrence is certainly not the case.

2.You are indeed correct when you state that we do not provide toilet brushes in the rooms as I possibly could not think of anything more disgusting.in a hotel bedroom from a hygienic point of view.With regards to refrigerators these are not supplied as standard but are available on request had you read the guest information folder placed on the business desk in your bedroom.There was a hairdryer in your room,(bedside locker drawer).

3.Your opinion of the pillows is what it is.We provide 4 pillows per double bed and two spares in the wardrobe and are of 4 star standard in quality in my opinion but I will review same based on your critique.

4.On our continental breakfast buffet we provide fresh fruit (watermelon,grapefruit,strawberries,pineapple),Natural yogurt,Fruit yogurt,Granola,Pumpkin,Sunflower,& Sesame seeds.We also put out a selection of home made breads,scones,custard folds & apple turnovers.Freshly squeezed orange juice (not concentrate),Freshly pressed apple juice,Cranberry juice & fresh grapefruit juice. Cereals provided are cornflakes,rice crispies,weetabix & Muesli.Pancakes with a choice of maple syrup,golden syrup,chocolate spread or honey are also part of the buffet selection.A selection of Irish & European meats and cheese.also form part of the cold buffet.
I apologise if you feel this is not 4 star standard and I certainly would appreciate any feedback you would have on this as to improve our product further.

5.Our gym which is complimentary and private to all guest is usable and indeed is used by many guests.We are constantly adding to this service and only in the last year we have installed two new treadmills,a new Spinning bike and a new rowing machine.New weights and work out mats were also purchased just at the beginning of the Summer season.

Overall GeoRouen,

I am truly sincere when I say I am disappointed you did not enjoy your stay and I hope you are satisfied with my responses above to your critique,

Yours Sincerely,