All reviews cork airport diner attached room was clean lady at reception family room city centre one night stay short stay kinsale stopover
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I cant believe some of the bad reviews about this place. We paid €97 for a triple room. The receptionist was friendly and helpful. The room was plenty big and perfectly clean. The adjoining Rocking Joe's is an american style diner with delicious burger chips and sides(€38 for 3 adult meals) Cafe Jam is in the garden centre across the road and is a perfect choice for breakfast (€19 for 3) great selection, food cooked to order.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 15 June 2017

Dear BCM72

Thank you for the great review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the room to be to your liking. I am particularly pleased that the staff made such a positive impression. I hope we can welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

I recently visited Cork for a family outing. We booked the travel lodge by different means , I myself through booking.com. on arrival I was shocked to find an old two story building with construction fencing around it ,
looked to be closed down. Outside the front door a car alarm was sounding which went on for hours as it had dogs locked inside, the interior was unfriendly and also had signs up warning of renovations. No evidence of this of course. It has a bad smell and felt very old and run down . The bedroom was small and had two single beds pushed together. The sheet had blood or possibly red ink on it . Bathroom was industrial like and was designed for disabled but had only a bath shower. Really old styled. Neighbouring rooms had large dogs staying which I found disguisting and disruptive. Total bad experience for 130 Euro. No breakfast. Never again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 6 June 2017

Dear Eamonf223

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are currently undergoing a refurbishment of the bedrooms as well as some essential maintenance work to the exterior. The fencing that is in place is for health and safety reasons and while not astatically pleasing it is necessary. We are a pet friendly hotel and I apologise if another guest impacted on your stay. I will speak to the housekeeping team with regards to the mark on the sheets this is not acceptable and I apologise.

I do hope however that you will use Travelodge Cork again and see the finished product after our refurbishment.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

The location suited me because I was working within a five minute drive. Plenty of parking available. Room was clean and pleasant if a little dark. Bathroom clean but had a bit of an odour. Absolutely quiet so sleep not disturbed. Tea and coffee making facilites. Used Rockin Joe's for breakfast - suited my needs. Wifi was good. Staff on reception helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: Was on ground floor and very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 6 June 2017

Dear Jane

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that your stay was pleasant and comfortable. It is great to read that our staff made such a positive impression.

I hope that you will choose Travelodge again when your travels next bring you to Cork

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Rooms were comfortable, although in a busy area the rooms were quiet, close to the airport but not city centre as we had a car not sure about the transport links, staff was helpful and its a great hotel if you are traveling with pets

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 30 May 2017

Dear Sandra

thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. it is great to read such positive comments especially regarding the staff.

I hope that we can welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We chose this hotel because of its pricing and proximity to the airport. Parking was easy. The room was clean and spacious and the bed comfortable. Good shower but no hairdryer and the TV didn't work (which didn't matter). The receptionist was very helpful. There is a diner on the premises but we didn't use it as it didn't open till 8am (Sunday?) and we had a flight to catch.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 30 May 2017

Dear David

thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff were so helpful. I hope that we can welcome you back to Travelodge again when your travels next bring you to Cork.