“Excellent - Can't Fault Anything or Anyone!”

Travelodge Cork Airport
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent - Can't Fault Anything or Anyone!”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

A heartfelt thanks to Manager Janis and his wonderful staff for my extremely pleasant stay here over 5 days. I couldn't find fault with anything or anyone! All staff, without exception, were polite, courteous, friendly and hard-working. The room was perfect - very spacious and neat and clean. Nothing was too much trouble. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Travelodge Cork Airport and/or staying here again when I next visit Cork. Thank you again.

Room Tip: Book online
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Deirdre M
JanisLazdans, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Dear Deirdre,

Thank you for taking time to write your positive review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful!

I have passed on your comments to all the staff who were thrilled to read them!

Thank you and I do hope to see you soon!

janis.lazdans@travelodge.ie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Despite having reservations after reading some reviews in we arrived Monday 8th August 2011, as a family of four plus dog and were pleased with all the staff from the manager to the girls who changed the linen etc,, on a daily basis I might add, nothing was too much and all requests were met with a smile and if possible fulfilled.
To be quite frank some people would never be pleased even if you put them up free in Buckingham Palace they would still find fault with something.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone who understand it is not a 5**** luxury hotel but a place to sleep, shower and eat in relative comfort and safety with an excellent staff and a very competent manager and other staff with a special mention to Patricia.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write your positive review – they are always welcome! I am glad to read once again that our staff made you feel welcome – they have always been one of best assets!

Travelodge is one of the very few that would allow pets in the bedrooms for a small fee to allow that extra bit of cleaning.

I have passed on your review onto all the staff who were delighted to read it!

It was pleasure having you and your family here and I look forward to welcoming you again in a very near future!

Janis-------------
co.tyrone
Reviewed 29 July 2011

i booked this hotel in december 2010 for 5 nights and got a room at 19euro per night. can't beat that i thought, then i read the reviews..... oh my, i think i might have made a mistake, but due to the low price i didn't worry.we decided to go and if the hotel was as bad as the reviews then we would look for a hotel when we arrived.
after a long drive we approached cork from dublin and had no idea how to get to the hotel, we followed the signs for the airport and they brought us straight to the hotel.the receptionist booked us in gave us so info on the area.
the room had a double bed and a sofa bed with a rollaway, a dressing table and an open wardrope, and a kettle.the room was clean as was the bathroom. the room was serviced every morning. we didn't eat breakfast in eddie rockets as we had dinner in there one evening and it wasn't great, we had a sausage sandwich and tea for 4euro from the service station next door and brought it back to the room each morning.this hotel is in a fantastic location for sightseeing.the only negative point i have is the rooms don't have air conditioning and are really warm at night. we are so glad we didn't cancel our booking after reading the reviews, yes the hotel is basic but it's a travelodge you know what your booking so don't expect a five star hotel with five star service it's the easyjet of hotels. i would stay here again.
we are so glad we didn't cancel our booking we had a great time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
JanisLazdans, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Dear Guest!

Thank you for taking time to write your positive review! They are always welcome!

Firstly – I am glad that you were able to avail of our fantastic special offer rates! We have recently launched another sale for rooms from €25.00!

We are currently looking at ways to provide air conditioning/extractor fans in the bedrooms.

I am glad that our staff and rooms met your standards and we hope to see you again soon!

If you have any further comments or queries, please contact me directly on janis.lazdans@travelodge.ie!

ireland
Reviewed 22 July 2011

It was just all right. No lift which was a pain.
Staff friendly and helpful, and I got a quiet room which I had requested.
As I was rearranging the bedding, I noticed that the mattress was very badly stained and needs to be chucked out. While there was a mattress protecter on the mattress, it still felt rather yuk.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write your review! We can never improve unless we hear back from our customers!

You’ve commented on the state of the mattress. We have actually started to replace beds and mattresses in our rooms. So far we’ve replaced them in 20 of our rooms with shipment of another 20 arriving in the next week or two.

I am glad that you found our staff friendly and helpful! Staff are definitely one of our strengths! I will pass your comments on to them!

If you have any further comments or queries, please contact me directly at janis.lazdans@travelodge.ie!

Dublin
Reviewed 8 June 2011

A bit better than I expected and very reasonably priced. There is an Eddie Rocket's diner next door and the hotel is near the main ring-road and within easy reach of the airport. The lady at the front desk (sorry, didn't get her name) was friendly and efficient. All in all a pretty good place to stay on a budget.

Room Tip: Front-facing rooms can get free wi-fi from diner
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
JanisLazdans, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2011
Dear Gordini,

Thank you for taking time to write your review!

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations!
We have recently (09/06/2011) launched another sale so you can be sure to get excellent value again!

Thank you for posting the tip regarding WiFi! We are currently looking into providing free WiFi throughout the whole hotel in all Travelodge hotels in Ireland.

If you have any queries, please contact me at the hotel directly!
I look forward to welcoming you in a near future!

Janis Lazdans