2,436 results
All reviews pembroke restaurant escape spa south mall michael collins car park vitality suite cork city english market old world charm the penthouse superior room central location afternoon tea fantastic location city break hotel restaurant checking out
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our room was very confortable, but I was disapointed on some points. Indeed for the price we have paid, I was expecting an irreproachable experience.

My concerns were :
- we asked for a baby bed when booking and had to ask for it again after arriving in our room. There was only a cover for our baby, no sheet, not very confortable nor welcoming !
- parking around was not possible on a Sunday afternoon (too busy), so we had to pay for the private parking of the hotel which was not ideal (far away from an high standing parking !).
- the man who helped us to bring our luggages to our room gave me back the change for the tip I gave him on 10 pounds whereas I gave him a 20 pounds note. He told me that it was a mistake but I really think he was trying to trick me as I was busy with the kids. :-(

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
FrederikPotgieter, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, it is important to me and my team and we take your comments seriously.

Whilst I am pleased you were satisfied with the comfort of our newly renovated rooms I am sorry to read that there were also some concerns regarding your stay, please accept my personal apology. Our baby beds are made up with covers, sheets and baby blanket as standard and I can only assume this was not done correctly as we failed to do this in advance as requested, very much our fault and I will address this with my team here. I have also looked into your comment regarding the tip and whilst I can appreciate your concern, after investigating, I wish to assure you this was a genuine human error and totally unintentional.

I am very appreciative of your comments, it allows us to learn and improve and I do hope you will consider us again in future.

Best wishes

Frits

Frits Potgieter, General Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The staff at the hotel were fabulous. Our room was in the quiet wing which means it faced a wall in the rear of the building. It wasn’t quiet in the morning, however, when a work team showed up outside the building next door.
The electric outlets were limited. We actually had to crawl under the desk to turn off the desk lamp. We had to unplug another lamp to plug in the Nespresso machine which didn’t work properly. The tv remote turned on the tv but did nothing else-could not change a channel or do anything else.
The breakfast buffet was adequate, neither good nor bad. We had to flag down a waitress to request coffee.
We had much higher expectations of this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Your feedback is so very important to me and my team and I am very appreciative that you took the time to share your experience with us.

Whilst I am very pleased to read that you thought our team and their service was “fabulous”, I am sorry that there were aspects of your stay which disappointed and I wish to apologize unreservedly for these, we want to deliver exceptional service experiences consistently and we will always take our guest feedback at face value to drive continual improvement.

Thank you for highlighting these shortcomings to me and my team, we will address these with the necessary sense of urgency and if you do consider us again in future I am confident that we will be able to meet and exceed your expectations.

Best wishes

Frits

Frits Potgieter, General Manager

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

It’s a comfortable hotel located within easy walking of the most interesting spots to visit in old Cork. Our room was comfortable although we faced in to the center of the property and had no view. We could hear some equipment during the night but it wasn’t terribly annoying. Breakfast was a nice assortment. Staff were excellent.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
FrederikPotgieter, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for review on the Imperial hotel.I am extremely glad to hear that you had a brilliant experience with us. I have passed on your comments to our team and congratulated them on providing the excellent service we aspire to provide our guests.

Kind regards

Malcolm Eigner

Operations manager

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Only here for two nights. Spent first day visiting Cork as hotel was so central and second day at my friends wedding. We signed up for the LOVE cork offer which included breakfast both days, dinner one night and a lunch offer for the Farmgate restaurant in the English market. Our room was really nice, clean and comfortable. Reception staff were very nice and informative. Breakfast and dinner were very good. Shame we couldn't have stayed longer and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

1 night business stay - booked a corporate double rrom. Flight delay meant I arrived late for dinner, super friendly staff who sent my bags to my room and ensured I still had a good table for dinner. Room 219 was delightful, spacious and the personal touches meant I felt relaxed and comfortable.
Great location meant I was able to walk to my meeting the next morning and enjoy a brief walk around the city.
Looking forward to staying here again

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business