2,418 results
All reviewspembroke restaurantescape spasouth mallmichael collinscar parkvitality suitecork cityenglish marketold world charmthe penthousesuperior roomcentral locationafternoon teafantastic locationcity breakhotel restaurantchecking out
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for four nights while exploring Cork and the surrounding county. Nice historical hotel in the city center. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was spacious and comfortable. Also popular with locals for weddings. Spa onsite.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
FrederikPotgieter, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Imperial with us and others.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and especially pleased to read that you found our team to be friendly and helpful throughout. Our Hotel Ethos revolves around delivering exceptional guest experiences and your wonderful feedback is incredibly motivating for us all, thank you.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I had my husbands 40th last wkd in the penthouse and it was unreal from start to finish.

Linda and Layla helped with the planning and offering ideas when I initially booked.

The sun shone on the evening and the outdoor area was spotless, we could have been in Spain!! James Events Manager was super, had lots of laughs with him. Luke was a great barman, Sineadein and Aoife were the wonderful ladies helping and nothing was too much trouble.

All our guests raves about the food, my hubby was in awe at the venue. The decor was class, fab surprise... I can’t wait for the next big celebration, I know exactly where I’ll be booking!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Wow, thank you for posting such an amazing review following your recent event with us!

I am thrilled you trusted us with such a special celebration and simply delighted that you and your husband and friends had such an enjoyable experience. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to Layla, Lynda, Jim, Luke, Sineadein and Aoife who I know will be over the moon when we share your amazingly kind words.

Thank you for choosing the Imperial!

Reviewed 7 June 2018

For first time visitors this is a central location with pubs & restaurants next door. The building is old but well maintained and updated. The staff at check in is incredible and made some great suggestions of restaurants.
By the elevator (lift) are pictures and articles on the rich and famous who have stayed there; Rita Hayworth was one.
The bar is a must for people watching. We saw customers dressed to the nines as well as casual dressed like us.
The restaurant had a good breakfast buffet and full service as well.
Two thumbs up!!

Room Tip: Our room with main street view was quiet at night
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing The Imperial for your stay in Cork.

Our Hotel most certainly has a very rich history, having been designed by Thomas Deane in 1813, it was initially used as commercial rooms for city merchants. In 1816 the building was extended to serve as a hotel and coach yard for the visiting business people, traders and merchants. Several famous figures have stayed in the hotel over the years including Fr. Mathew, The Temperance Priest, writers Sir. Walter Scott, William Makepeace Thackeray and Charles Dickens. One of the most famous figures was Michael Collins who negotiated the Irish Free State Treaty in 1921 and who spent his last night on earth in room 115 at the Imperial.

Delighted to get “two thumbs up”, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the imperial recently for a work trip and couldn't fault the location, decor and helpfulness of staff. The bar is like something out of the great gatsby and the hotel is in close walking distance to bars and restaurants. My only qualm was the pillows weren't very comfy.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
FrederikPotgieter, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and very grateful that you took the time to share your experience with me and my team.

I fully take your comment regarding the pillows on board and will look at this with our Executive Head Housekeeper, we are always learning from our customers and I firmly believe we can only improve if we truly listen to our guests’ feedback.

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing The Imperial and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

On my second business trip to Cork I decided to try the Imperial Hotel based on its corporate rate being about the same to my previous stay, the Clayton, and my very average experience there. The Imperial is well-kept, and has charm from the lobby through to the rooms. The room was a little small, but very clean and well-appointed. My only two criticisms would be the apparent lack (or weakness) of air conditioning (for an unusually warm May week) and the well-worn bathroom. The staff were excellent, including the concierge who found me a shop with the laptop charger I needed on short notice. And the included breakfast was more than I could ask for.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Teevskis
FrederikPotgieter, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me and my team, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay overall but very much take your constructive feedback on board.

We recently installed a new air conditioning system throughout The Imperial and have had a few minor teething issues as the system is settling. I am sorry that you had a few issues, may I kindly ask that you reach out to me at Fpotgieter@ImperialHotelCork.ie with your room number so I can have our engineering team look at the system and give it a health check. We have recently renovated the majority of our bedrooms but I appreciate there are one or two bathrooms that we still need to address, thank you for highlighting this to us.

It was a pleasure to to have you with us and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to The Imperial.