“Excellent”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was in Cork in 2007 for 8 months. We were a plenty of times here for Lunch. And everytime it was very very delicious. And the food was plenty. We had nice lunches there everytime. The staff was also very friendly.
If i come back once to cork i will go to eat there again. I can't say something wrong, we had a great time in cork, in Zanzibbar Bisto.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

It reminds me of maybe going to a friend who doesn't ever cook for dinner and getting served with 'old el paso' soggy nachos and undercooked fajitas. The good intention is there but perhaps the knowledge of how to translate that into a good meal needs brushing up. Than being said the staff were friendly and the place has a nice feeling in the evening time.

Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

You will never leave this place hungry as the portions are Hugh for the price you pay. Great value for money

Reviewed 28 August 2012

I visited this restaurant back in March with a friend. What a mistake! It is advertised quite well and menu looked great from the street level but as soon as we reached the first floor the restaurant was not what we expected! Musty, stale kitchen smell, very dated and no atmosphere. I ordered the fajitas and my friend ordered chicken pasta in a mushroom sauce. My fajitas were half cold with gristly, fatty chicken covered in some kind of tomatoe sauce, tortillas weren't heated either and none of the usual accompaniments it didn’t even look remotely like the fajitas that you would usually conjure up when ordering Mexican, needless to say I barely managed a few mouthfuls. My friends pasta was equally as bad, overcooked with what looked like campbells mushroom soup thrown over the top…yuck! Then to top it off I ordered a coffee and they couldn't even get this right, obviously a broken filter with black coffee grains all over the cup!
Overall a very poor experience, I would never dine here again, the only positive was the nice waitress!

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I've eaten here a few times and never get sick of it. The first time we tried it, it was because we thought it looked "different". An African theme. The food is amazing and the waitresses always greet us with a warm smile. The portions are HUGE and the prices are cheap compared with other City Centre places. You definitly won't leave hungry

1  Thank Sam D