All reviews guest house victorian style breakfast was delicious b bs full irish breakfast city centre no lift thoroughly enjoyed our stay yogurt bed was very comfortable top floor car parking western road stayed here for nights night stay english market lovely room
Reviewed 28 March 2017

This is a Victorian styled guesthouse about a ten minute walk into the centre of Cork. The bedrooms are rather small but well decorated while paying attention to the overall period effect. We stayed in a superior room but from what I could discern there appeared to be little difference between the superior and standard. Our room was at the front of the property and did suffer a little from outside traffic noise even with the double glazed windows shut. There was a small but satisfactory en suite shower and wc. The shower was excellent with very good water pressure. Breakfast was very good with a sufficient choice - ranging from a full Irish to Continental. Well cooked and presented. I have some misgivings over the price charged not only by this guesthouse but generally. Guesthouses such as this do not have the same facilities as hotels but tend to be charging comparable prices for rooms. Nonetheless this is a comfortable well run hostel conveniently situated in Cork, a city which has much to offer the visitor.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

we visited cork 2 weeks ago and were totally thrilled when we arrived at the Blarney Stone. our room was nothing short of luxurious and Angela was the perfect hostess.
the hotel was spotless and decorated to a very high standard. the breakfast each morning was superb. would definitely recommend to anyone.
Colin & Val (Perth)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2017

I would highly recommend Blarney Stone Guest house. It is in an excellent location, with UCC campus at the doorstep and the city centre only a five minute walk away. The rooms of this beautiful period house are tastefully and stylishly decorated and of a very high standard throughout. There is a wide range of mouth-watering breakfast options to choose from which can also be customised if one so wishes.
I have been coming to Blarney Stone Guest house for the last number of years and always feel so very welcome. The owner Angela is such a warm, charming and accommodating hostess and makes me feel totally at home each time I come to stay. Thank you, Angela!

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Thanks Angela for such a lovely stay in a beautifully decorated and cosy B&B. Centrally located with an excellent restaurant, the Liberty Grill, within 10 minutes walk. Genuinely friendly and welcoming host.
Highly recommended!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2016

I have stayed in more than two dozen Irish B&Bs all over the country. This one tops my list! The room was very comfortable and had been updated to a very high standard. The location is also excellent, just steps from UC Cork campus or to many great restaurants, pubs and the heart of downtown Cork. The breakfast was incredible. Many options to choose from, any of which could be customized. I had the full Irish breakfast both mornings...without a doubt the best I have had in all of my visits to Ireland. The host and staff were very friendly and attentive.

Date of stay: November 2016