“Lovely cafe, delicious breakfast”
Review of The Old Bank Cafe

The Old Bank Cafe
Ranked #282 of 723 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Description: Breakfast served from 9 am to 12 pm. Brunch options are available all day. Lunch is from 12 o clock til 4 pm. We offer both vegetarian and vegan options. Gluten free options also available. Homemade desserts are baked daily. Cosy and casual cafe which is both good for kids and for groups.
Reviewed 9 July 2018

What a lovely find. Next door to the cafe in the same building, there is a deli and a butchers. The cafe was spotless, staff were very welcoming, the menu had just the right amount of options. I had the House dish which was a potato hash, shredded ham hock, smokey baked beans, poached egg and hollandaise and a generous side of toast which I ordered on the side. My partner had poached eggs on sourdough toast with salse verde, sauteed spinach, roast mushrooms & slow roasted tomatoes. With drinks it was very good value. I love that the House dish is with potato hash and ham hock instead of bacon. I would definitely order my dish again. I would recommend to friends. We look forward to our next visit.

1  Thank Deborah M
Cormac O, Manager at The Old Bank Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Hi Deborah ,
We are delighted you and your partner enjoy your meals at the old bank café, thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you both again soon . Thanks from all the staff.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We visit here frequently for the amazing food, impeccable service, and overall great experience. For the kids, try the mini pastries and babychino. For the adults, try the fry up and make sure you taste the beans. All the food is from the butchers in the same building.

1  Thank Nicola-Marie O
Cormac O, Manager at The Old Bank Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Hi Nicola-Marie,
thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted that you and your family enjoy dining with us at the old bank café. We look forward to seeing you all again soon, thanks from all the team.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Have been here a good few times with family and friends , have to see its my fav place to go at the moment , after eating cesar salads in my places have 2 say the old bank was by far the most tasty and fresh , Wow is the word that comes to mind . So many different dishes to try from and the staff or fantastic . Couldnt recommend this place enough

2  Thank sarahdillion
Cormac O, Manager at The Old Bank Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Hi Sarah,
thank you for writing such a lovely review, we are delighted you are enjoying dining with us, we look forward to seeing you, your friends and family again at the old bank café, Thanks

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I have had breakfast here on a number of occasions. If you are like me and go on a breakfast hunt for eggs benedict with a twist i recommend the house dish. Its got the hollandaise sauce, poached egg, ham hock (so much better than bacon) and to top it all off it sits on homemade beans and a monster potato hash. They also have regular Benedict, but trust me..... try this first. They also do a mean flat white (compliments to Mitchu). All in all would recommend making the journey up to try

2  Thank Aine K
Cormac O, Manager at The Old Bank Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi Aine,
Thank you for such a lovely review, we are delighted that you have enjoyed dining with us, we look forward to seeing you again @the old bank Café.