“Saltiest Chicken in Cork”

The SpitJack Rotisserie Brasserie
Ranked #12 of 726 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Description: The SpitJack is a rotisserie concept and the first of its kind, offering only the highest quality Irish produce. All of our menus revolve around the rotisserie and we are opened from breakfast to bedtime. As well as enjoying a meal in our restaurant we also offer a full deli counter with grab and go options available for breakfast and lunch.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The staff were lovely here in this particular restaurant and made my sitting a pleasant affair.

The veg was well cooked but is it really a fantastic compliment considering my 6 year old niece is a dab hand at broccoli.

The one thing that stood out for me was the salt content in the chicken, it took 5 glasses of water (H2O) to finish one full chicken.

Overall I would recommend the beg and water, but there was more salt on my plate than the roads of cork during the heavy snow fall recently!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

was very lucky to get a last minute booking - we were staying in Cork for the night (last weds) and this restaurant was recommended to us and what a recommendation!!

From sit down to leaving we thoroughly enjoyed our time here...we were given a table upstairs and while small it lent itself to a cozy, intimate atmosphere and it was just sooo nice NOT to have to roar at each other over gaudy background music..Jesus was our server for the night...what a lovely guy...friendly, chatty and efficient...we also had Mags helping with the table, Mags is what most people strive to be - she put hospitable back into the hospitality industry...

so as a family of 4 we went the whole hog, starters, mains and desserts...would highly recommend Honey Goats cheese salad starter...was just YUMMY...also Pork Belly was melt in the mouth and hubby reckons its one of the best steaks that he has ever eaten....desserts (not that we had much room) but trust me...delicious...try the Sundae...food overall was just excellent

I couldn't find any fault from facilities, atmosphere, staff to food....a very big Well Done to you all...We just wish you would open in Limerick and we would definitely be frequent diners!!!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I've been here before and i enjoyed it but it was with work at Xmas and maybe there was more booze or maybe the food was actually a little better but this trip we did not enjoy. A family outime for a birthday, the food was mediocre. I had the ham hock and it was over salty. Nothing wrong with any of our dishes per se but the fact that there was not one enthusisatic comment spoke volumes.

What really got my goat here was the wine. We had a glass each and it came from a bottle. It was not cheap (maybe 8E per glass) but we did not get a proper glass. They must be dividing the bottles into 6 glasses... I honestly thought it was a sample that i was getting to taste as the glasses were average size and it was just about an inch of wine but no my wife got the same and they went. Ordinarly i would complain but i was being bought the meal and i did not want to offend the person bringing us there.
Very mean.

1  Thank Mickser
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Took my 2 adult kids for a meal on a Friday night. The place was full and buzzing. More tables upstairs. Friendly staff, great food, good wine, lovely atmosphere. Will go again next time we are in Cork.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Had a realy lovely meal one evening here with friends.The staff are very friendly,the atmosphere was lovely and the food just excellent.Cant wait to try their eggs Benedict breakfast.Tried a few times but the queue was out the door.very popular restaurant.