Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Blarney
Reviewed 5 November 2011

just back from staying at this hotel. there are also houses to rent on site, beautiful views over the hills. very quiet and only 5mins or so drve from Blarney, and15 mins drive to the city of Cork. the hotel is a 4* star and the rooms are huge, huge bed and very comfortable. Free safe in room something you have to hire when your abroad, Very tranquel area rooms have tea making and room service. Staff are very friendly. would definetly return.

Room Tip: soom rooms have a balcony good for someone who smokes, as all rooms are non - smoking
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank lilygCork
blarneygolf, General Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to learn that your stay was an enjoyable one. I took great satisfaction from your positive feedback. I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Conor O'Toole

Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Family stayed in a lodge here, a little scruffy from the outside but impressive within. (wireless broadband would be nice though). Staff were wonderful and very helpful, in particular the chap in the bar. Pool facilities were very good also. Stayed with two small kids and would recommend to anyone with a family.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Shibboleth69
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed at Blarney Golf Resort this weekend, 27th - 30th Oct. The hotel is hard to find as it is not sign posted enough. On arrival we were greeted by Lorna, who made us feel very welcome. The room was hugh compared to what we've stayed in before. The decor was modern but lovely. There was a seperate split level area, containing a sofa, coffee table and business desk, leading out to a small but lovely balcony area, with views of the golf course. Room was a little cold, we tried to put heating on but it did not work, plenty of noise from the vent area though! Bathroom was spacious and modern but stylish. We ate in the bar but there's not a hugh selection. Maybe 4 starters and 3 open sandwiches available, but we had an open chicken sandwich and it was divine. Presentation was excellent. We ate another night in the Inishcarra restaurant. It was 1st class food but a bit pricey. Breakfast had a good selection, between Full Irish Breakfast, Croissants,Fruit and cereals. The only complaint I'd have was mentioned before, the bed was way too soft and i woke each morning with back pain. One side of the bed was higher than the other which was very off putting. I spoke to other guests who had the same two complaints about the beds as myself and my husband. My overall experience was excellent and I'd like to thank the staff for a great stay at the Blarney Golf Resort

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
blarneygolf, General Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to learn that your stay was an enjoyable one.

In relation to your further comments regarding the heating and the beds, I do apologise for. The heating in the bedrooms have all recently been serviced so it is a suprise to me that they were not working and I will certainly investigate to why this occured. The beds are currently being replaced and again I would like to apologise for this inconvenience.

Thank you once again for your review your feedback is important to us and detrimental to the success of Blarney Golf Resort. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Conor O'Toole

Reviewed 27 October 2011

We stayed here one night during our vacation and it was very nice. We stayed in the two bedroom condo and it was amazing! Very large, full kitchen, two rooms upstairs with their own bathrooms. One room even had a bathtub, which we did not have during most of our trip. We used the hot tub and that was nice also. Dinner in the club house was good and the drinks in the bar were better. The wifi was not working well in the lobby and we were disappointed about that. I wish there was wifi in the rooms also, but that was the only downside. I would love to go back and stay there again!!

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank GAfam09

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on Blarney Golf Resort. I was delighted to read your positive comments and I will certainly pass them on the rest of the staff and management. We look forward to welocming you back hopefully in the near future.

Conor O'toole

Reviewed 18 October 2011

I've stayed at this Hotel regularly for work and love their huge, comfortable, modern rooms.

There simply isn't a more impressive hotel locally.

Golf and leisure centre and lovely quiet location. Bar is nice and relaxed and restaurant is large and impressive.

The only downsides are lack of wireless broadband in the rooms (very inconvenient for any business traveller and the norm in most other hotels)

Also, there is only a limited range of TV channels in the rooms and the bar food menu is quite small but tasty.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
blarneygolf, Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to learn that your stay was an enjoyable one. I am currently reviewing the situation with Broadband in the bedrooms due to your comments and previous guest comments, which will demonstrate the importance of guest feedback to us.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Eamonn Murphy
Deputy General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blarney
Blarney Castle Hotel
Centre
The River Lee
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork

Been to Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure? Share your experiences!