Blarney Castle Hotel
US$173
US$169
Blarney Hotel & Golf Resort(Blarney)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$173
US$172
Priceline
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Oriel House Hotel(Ballincollig)
US$145
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe pubvillage greenfamily run hoteloverlooking the greenirish dancingcharming hotellive musichighly recommend this hoteltop floorbreakfast menufood was wonderfulbreakfast was includedroom was largeour honeymoonwoolen millsa lovely stayirish hospitality
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Wonderful hotel with large rooms. Service was top notch. On our last night my wife asked if there was a laundramat close by, the staff took care of the arrangments, and returned our items that evening. Breakfast was more than enough to see us through the day, and quite tasty. Service in the resturaunt couldn't be better.
Location a five minute walk from Blarney Castle. Yes five minutes even for old tired Americans. Quiet village green across the street, made sleeping easy even for the jet laged among us.
Music in the pub, pretty much every night was great entertainment, and the pub staff is top notch. This is a good chance to mix with the locals, hear some great music, and get a feel for the real Ireland.
I'm not a wealthy person, and I must plane my time off carefully. That being said, the Blarney Castle Hotel, will be on my list of places to return to.
Need I add, "Highly recomended".

Room Tip: Our room veiwed out over the town square. Can't speak for the other options, but ours was great.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rlklaus
blarneycastlehotel, Manager at Blarney Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear Guest, Many thank for your recent post on Tripadvisor of your recent stay in Blarney Castle Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed the Traditional Irish Hospitality here in Blarney and enjoyed the good food and music. Many thanks Una Forrest, Manager

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I recently had a 2 night stay at the Blarney Castle Hotel, and it was an excellent experiece. From the gracious woman who checked me in on arrival, to my check out, it was a postive expience. Una even called the bus station in Cork for service times to Killarney. Wonderul location to visit Blarney Castle. If you are there on a Tuesday, the session in the hotel pub is brilliant! Thank you all for the wonderful beginning to my holiday in Ireland..

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank kate1900
blarneycastlehotel, Manager at Blarney Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of the Blarney Castle Hotel of your recent stay. We value what our guest say about their stay and we try to enhance their stay as much as possible. I am delighted that you enjoyed the traditional music on Tuesday. We have traditional irish music playing every Tuesday and feel it is an added value to guests while staying in the hotel. With kind regards Una Forrest, Manager

Reviewed 29 February 2012

booked this hotel through internet, I would highly recommend this hotel, excellent staff, our bags were carried to our room from our car, friendly greeting and very cheery staff, special mention for Connie who works between reception and the bar, couldn't do enough for you.Large bedroom with a very comfortable bed. excellent choice for breakfast in the mornings served by a very pleasant young waitress from Finland ( forgot to ask her name).
All in all a great stay in Blarney made even better by the hotel and staff.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to of equal quality
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JimMajor

Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Blarney Castle Hotel and value all of our guest opinions of their stay. We hope to see you again.

With kind regards Una Forrest.,Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I have just returned from working at Blarney Castle and during my visit stayed at the Blarney Castle Hotel.

I must say that the hotel is very friendly and clean and the food was excellent it really was. The room was massive as was the bed and very comfortable.

However one thing to watch….. on check in the lady asked for my card (credit card or debit card) which I gave to her. As with most hotels now a day you expect to have your card authorised when the room has been paid up front to ensure you don’t leave without paying room charges etc. She proceeded to take off a penny. Now I can totally appreciate it’s only a penny but the penny was not holding in the account for authorisation as you would expect, she in fact took the penny. Naturally I queried the transaction immediately. She told me that “all hotels do this and it’s only a penny”. I totally appreciate it’s only a penny but as you will know if you run a transaction through from another country the bank may or may not charge you for that transaction depending on your account. All she could say was that ‘it’s only a penny and all hotels over the world do this’.

I’m sorry but I was not happy with this and explained that I would be settling my outstanding account when I left with cash. I explained that other guest’s regardless of the amount may or may not get a charge from their bank if you remove cash and naturally wanted that penny to be put back on my card. She seemed totally taken back by the request stating her original argument ‘that it was only a penny and all hotels do this’ but she did agree to speak with the hotel manager and would let me know the outcome. She found me within 20 minutes and said the manager had agreed to refund the penny back to my card.

My colleague took note and said he wouldn’t have even noticed what had happened had I not pointed it out. I have not checked to see if the penny has been returned or not but thought I should make other travellers aware. I must also point out that at no point was the staff member rude she was in fact totally lovely as were all the staff.

Would I stay again absolutely!!!

Room Tip: I was in room 28 and my colleague in 29 bothe were huge and clean,
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Bekki P
blarneycastlehotel, Manager at Blarney Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Dear Guest, Many thanks for choosing to stay at Blarney Castle Hotel while in Blarney. I am delighted that you enjoyed your guest room and the good food we served. Upon check-in we usually swipe a guest credit card through for 1 cent to confirm card details etc. are valid and correct which is our policy here and also in others hotels. This is informed to the guests at that point and whatever balance is due is paid at point of check-out. Once again thank you for taking the time to make a review on Blarney Castle Hotel and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future. With kind regards Una Forrest

Reviewed 9 January 2012

A lovely experience, excellent food and exceptional service. The bedroom was largest I have ever slept in and the bar one of the liveliest. One negative - keep a copy of your booking, mine was taken when I checked in and I was over charged when I checked out, only by a few euro's which I would have spent at the bar.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
blarneycastlehotel, Manager at Blarney Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to write a response on Tripadvisor. We were delighted to have you stay with us over the Christmas period and they you both enjoyed your stay and the food in the Blarney Castle Hotel. With kind regards Una Forrest, Manager