“Best place to eat in Ennis”
Review of Passatempo

Passatempo
Ranked #16 of 121 Restaurants in Ennis
Reviewed 12 July 2018

The food, staff, and atmosphere make it the most enjoyable place to have a meal in Ennis by a long shot. I have had food in most if not all restaurants and cafes in Ennis and they beat the lot!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

....I’ve ever tasted! Keep doing what you’re doing! Great food, service and price. Pesto and green bean lasagne amazing aswell as their regular meat lasagne; crab ravioli another fave...

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I’m shocked that I’m the first to write a review for Passatempo Restaurant. We got lucky while driving around Ennis, looking for a parking spot. We found a spot directly in front of the restaurant. A local family had just finished dinner at Passatempo and instead that we there. We were lucky again, and were able to get a table on a Saturday evening. The only catch, we only had the table for an hour before they needed it for a reservation. So make reservations.
We started with a mozzarella bruschetta. Fresh ingredients, freshly baked bread and perfect seasoning....It Was Outstanding. I ordered the Smoked Salmon Pappardelle special. This dish was mind blowing. The smoked salmon with a light cream sauce, on top of homemade pappardelle pasta. I don’t know how they could make it any better. My son ordered the beef lasagna and could not stop talking about it. There was a lot of depth in the sauce and the local cheese tied together. My wife ordered pasta special. It’s had the House red sauce, pancetta and homemade penne pasta. I can’t put into words how good this dish was. If we had a second night in Ennis, we would have been back. You have to eat here. Enjoy.

1  Thank D R
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

This restaurant brings an authentic Italian dining experience to Ennis: the radio station playing is an Italian one, the waitors are Italian and the menu offers plenty of authentic pasta dishes and sandwiches. The fare is homemade and simple, with fresh ingredients and crunchy bread. I would recommend this restaurant for lunch or breakfast. When the weather is good the outdoor seating makes you feel like you're in Italy.

Ottimo cibo italiano autentico fatto con ingredienti freschi e camerieri amichevoli. Lo raccomando caldamente sopratutto per italiani in cerca di cibo italiano autentico qua in Irlanda.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

This is one of my go-to restaurants for casual dining. The italian menu is always fresh and packed full of flavour in very nice surroundings. Prices are good with the option of two sizes of main courses ... I always opt for the smaller portion which is more than enough. They have a small selection of wines which are good and good value. If i had to find a fault it is that the pannacotta is too set (no wobble!) ... probably just as well so I am not tempted. Highly recommended

Paolo M, Owner at Passatempo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I will address the no wobble issue with pannacotta tomorrow morning with the kitchen staff. Grazie mille. Paolo