“Lovely lunch”
Review of Passatempo

Passatempo
Ranked #10 of 109 Restaurants in Ennis
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

My friend and I called to this lovely little restaurant as we had both heard good things about it. Our intention was to have a quick coffee but we were lured by the menu to try a bit of lunch.

There is an all day menu of snacks and sandwiches Italian style with antipasti plates and salads.

The owner also handed us a hand written menu of pastas which are available from lunchtime. I had a small portion of carbonara for €8.50. It was utterly delicious and cooked the Italian way. No cream just eggs, seasoning and cheese. It was more than adequate for lunch and I was pleasantly full. I was also given some slices of baguette. My friend had the pollo panini which she enjoyed. I am looking forward to a return visit and would highly recommend.

2  Thank Aiseadha

Reviewed 18 May 2016

This is a small, delightful cafe/restaurant located on a small plaza formed by a widening of Barrack Street in Ennis. It offers Italian fare, and like all true Italian cuisine, it is delicious, a real symphony of flavour in every dish. I had a frittata (omelette) which cost only €8, and which was incredibly good. The espresso coffee was superb, but then, it was made by an Italian! I also indulged myself with a bruschetta, a simple aglio (garlic) which cost €3.50, and was worth every eurocent of it. Passatempo is a most inviting place in which to enjoy a coffee, a snack, breakfast or a meal while soaking up the unique atmosphere of Ennis. I'm already planning my next visit.

1  Thank josepholiverm
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

A true gem in Ennis. Emily and Paulo are great hosts and have established a homely, friendly true Italian corner. (& Nonna Paulo visits regularly to add her touch ) Great hospitality - authentic, simple and interesting menu. Everything presented with a personal touch. Great food and nice selection of wines. If you like real Italian pasta dishes - then you have to visit. Remember it is true Italian - so go relax and enjoy the experience - Italians spend time on their meals - so sometimes the service is not rapid - part of the true Italian experience. My only regret is I live out of town & travel too much so cannot visit as often as I would like. Go & enjoy. If you want a table on a Friday or Saturday evening - book in advance.

3  Thank Siobhan D
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times and have always enjoyed it immensely..the pasta dishes are gorgeous and just the right portion and really authentic..when I started to come here they had a 'specials' board but there has been nothing on it in recent times..wud be good to see that back..
Staff v friendly and owners v welcoming..can't wait for my next visit.

1  Thank Biffo17
Reviewed 26 April 2016

this was a great find , lovely food , great choice. lovely people and very good value, it;s just across the street and up an ally way from the church so very good for tourists,Rea taste of Italy

1  Thank Michael M