6 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$82
Hotels.comUS$82
HurbUS$109
1,088 results
All reviews golf course leisure centre open fire lovely hotel family break wild atlantic way short drive two nights staff were lovely would highly recommend this hotel food was lovely top class reception area a lovely stay enjoyable stay family room the pub
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 May 2022

Lovely large rooms and really comfortable beds. Staff were really helpful and loaned me a swimming hat (be warned non Irish guests - you have to wear swimming hats in leisure pools!). Just a shame about the noise from the unruly children of other guests and the very tired pool facilities (including a large hole in the ceiling)

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sean Lally, General Manager at Hotel Woodstock Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2022

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review Hotel Woodstock on your recent visit.

We are a family run Hotel and connecting with our guests is at the core of what we do to give a true Irish Hospitality experience and I am delighted to see that you were able to experience this during your stay and I have passed your feedback onto the team here at the Hotel.

Yes in Ireland in most pools you have to wear a swimming hat the hole in the roof only happened in the last week and we are in the process of getting materials in to get it repaired.

There isn't a town or city to rival Ennis in Ireland with the amount of world class tourist attractions on our doorstep the majority of which are within a 30 minute drive from the Hotel.

I am glad to see that we have your recommendation and hopefully you will return to stay with us again in the future.

Kind Regards

Hotel Woodstock Ennis

Reviewed 17 May 2022

Great visit. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. John from the pub was hysterical. My only negative is that there was no guest laundry. We were 3 ladies on a 3 week multi country holiday and it took away time trying to find and do laundry . Everything else was wonderful, I definitely would stay again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John is an excellent asset to the team in the bar and we do offer laundry facilities if it goes out in the morning it will be back that evening.

The Hotels best rates are always available when you book with us directly by phone, e mail or on our website rather than through a third party booking site.

Kind Regards

Hotel Woodstock Ennis

Tel 00353 65 689 9800

Reviewed 17 May 2022

The online pictures of the hotel had me very excited about my stay. While the reception area was very welcoming, upon closer inspection everything was really dated. The lamps in my room had stains on them, the bathroom door knob was coming off, the bed was uncomfortable, and the television didn't work. Also, the overall smell of the hotel was damp and it only worsened as it rained.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review on your stay at Hotel Woodstock.

Clearly there are some quality control issues that were not to the usual standard during your stay with us which I have since resolved as I got your room number from your post stay mail.

The photos are off the hotel and they have only been updated 6 months ago so they are totally accurate which we have on the Hotel website I cannot control what third party websites use.

I have discussed these issues with my team and we have addressed them as a matter of urgency.

Kind Regards,

Ennis

Co Clare

Reviewed 17 May 2022

Avoid this hotel. The hotel is not as pictured and guests should be aware that no room service offered and food stops at 9pm.

No desk chairs in rooms - just 2 very faded and tired arm chairs that are full of dust. Rooms are clearly not cleaned properly and have a dirty feel about them, bathroom the same. Such a shame as i was looking forward to this stay. I spend a night in the region for work at least once a week, this hotel will not be on my list.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Matthew,
Thank you for taking the time out to give feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Woodstock.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
We are continuously upgrading the Hotel and sometimes wish we had a magic wand and get it all sorted overnight but unfortunately it doesn’t work like this.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with your room however, if you had let one of our management or front office team know, we would have been able to rectify the situation as soon as it was mentioned.

Dinner service in the hotel runs from 4pm to 9pm on the weekdays and we feel this gives guests ample time to have a meal in the hotel if they choose, however, I must apologise if you do not think these times are appropriate.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves at some stage in the future as we are terribly sorry you were not satisfied with your stay but we must again thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards,
Ennis
Co Clare.

Reviewed 16 May 2022 via mobile

I took a castle tour of Ireland and stayed in several different hotels. This young bartender Even was amazing and made my stay fun and one I will never forget. I was very impressed by the sophistication and knowledge this young man had. He was well spoken and so polite. His knowledge of spirits and craft cocktails was exceptional. It seemed that this 19 year old had 20 or more years of experience the way he expertly crafted each cocktail with care. He even made expert suggestions based on my personal spirit preference. This gentleman made my experience five stars.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sean Lally, General Manager at Hotel Woodstock Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2022

We would like to thank you for your 5 star review on your recent visit.

Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Our motto at the Hotel is that we like our customers to arrive as guests and leave as friends.

Glad to see that you were impressed with Evan he loves developing his knowledge of whiskeys in the bar.

Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Kind regards,