All reviews leisure centre open fire bar food young staff lovely hotel kids club wild atlantic way bar staff family break pleasant stay buffet style reception area function room stayed here for two nights staff were lovely would highly recommend this hotel short drive
Reviewed 17 June 2017

Because of the door to the neighbour room, was the room very noisy. We slept very (!) bad.
The room could be refurbished.
The bathroom seemed not very clean (the tiles under the sink looked dirty).
120 Euro were definetly to much for this room!
The location and the view was nice.
We travel a lot and stayed in a lot of hotels. This was really not a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sean L, Owner at Hotel Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Thank you Nathy for your review on tripavisor on your recent stay with us at Hotel Woodstock and first and foremost I would like to apologise that you did not experience the standards you would expect from the Hotel.

it is unfortunate that there was noise from the adjoining room that interrupted your sleep we are in the process of upgrading the Hotel facilities and we have upgraded a lot of aspects of our bedrooms so far and have plans for continuous upgrades for the rest of the year.

I am sorry that you did not feel we were value for money but we do have different rates depending on availability and the best rates are always found on our own Hotel website as opposed to booking on a third party booking site which is usually more expensive.

I am glad to see that you were impressed with the location and the view from the Hotel overlooking Woodstock Golf Club and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

We recently stayed at the Hotel Woodstock and enjoyed every minute of our stay there. The hotel was immaculate and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. All of the staff we dealt with were so gracious and helpful. The food was delicious at the restaurant. Anything we needed was cheerfully provided. The pool was amazing and there was also a great exercise room. We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your 5-star review on Tripadvisor on your recent stay with us at Hotel Woodstock.

I am glad to see that you were impressed with the leisure centre, the bedrooms, the food and the friendliness of the staff which is very important to us as a family run Hotel.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future and reservations can be contacted on reservations@hotelwoodstock.ie for the best value rates.

Elaine Lally

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Non-smoking hotel with wood burning place in lobby. It doesn't draw well- smelled very smoky. Nice indoor pool, but have to pay $2 Euro for towel and $3 Euro for bathing cap. Carpets need updating.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Sean L, Owner at Hotel Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Kathy thank you very much for your review on your recent stay with us at Hotel Woodstock and I am glad to see that you were impressed with our leisure facilities.

Just to clarify we do charge for hats to use the pool if guests want to purchase them at the leisure centre we do not charge our guests for towels so I am not where the mix up happened here.

You are correct when you say that we are a non-smoking Hotel and we do have a fire in the lobby that burns timber it is not smoky and the smell is of burning timber which is very popular with our Hotel guests and we get a lot of positive feedback on our fire and I am sorry that you did not see it as an asset to the Hotel.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future.

Elaine Lally

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Beautiful location, pretty hotel, fun Pub & decent food. Otherwise it is quite run down & in desperate need of renovations & a deep cleaning. Cheap sheets & horrible mattress. Two pubs on the premises, the one detached from the hotel was quite disturbing. We went in there to see what sporting game they had on & were completely ignored and or glared at...very strange. We left quickly. First time in all of Ireland we ran into rude people!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us at Hotel Woodstock and I am glad to see that you were impressed with the location and that we are a pretty Hotel with a fun Pub and decent food.

I am a bit taken aback on the other comments and would appreciate if you would make contact with me to give me some more details on slally@hotelwoodstock.ie as we are a family run Hotel and take customer feedback very seriously.

The Hotel purchased brand new orthopaedic comfort mattresses just over a year ago and we use Egyptian cotton linen on our duvets and we get a lot of compliments about our bedding.

There is a pub next door to us and I feel that our review may be tainted a little because of your unpleasant experience there but this is beyond our control as the Hotel has nothing to do with this bar I will however pass on your feedback.

As you can see from our reviews the Hotel has an excellent reputation for friendliness and it is unfortunate that you had this experience.

Hopefully you will give us another opportunity if you are back in the region again in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I booked into this four star hotel using booking.com and relying on the photos used to advertise the place. The photos are in keeping with a four star experience, my experience on the other hand, was not.

The room was dated. The paint was scraped, carpets were stained, lamp was wonky, couch was ripped. There were no Rituals toiletries, as had been pictured in the photos. The decor was far from impressive. When I first walked into the room, I considered checking out. It was pretty grim.

I had the misfortune to visit the hotel bar too, where three staff members stood in conversation for almost ten minutes before serving me. The place wasn't even busy. I noticed other guests being left waiting for an age for service too. For a four star hotel it was pretty appalling.

I won't be visiting again and I found the whole experience very disappointing. The accommodation was probably adequate, but far from luxury.

The bathroom screamed 1980s and the exposed earth strap on the towel rail made me a little uncomfortable.

Perhaps some of the rooms have been renovated in the past 15 years, but mine certainly has not.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Sean L, Owner at Hotel Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Thank you for your review on tripavisor on your recent stay with us at Hotel Woodstock and first and foremost I would like to apologise that you did not experience the standards you would expect from the Hotel.

My Wife Elaine and I joined Hotel Woodstock last November and this is probably the worst review that we have received in that time and for that I am really sorry as I know that we are only ever as good as our last stay or our last meal served and we let you down on this occasion which is most unfortunate.

We take guest feedback very seriously at Hotel Woodstock and discuss all our reviews with our team here at the Hotel and take the necessary actions to ensure that negative experiences do not occur again in the future.

We have invested into upgrading the Hotel since we over last year and would love to have a magic wand to get everything we plan to do completed overnight but unfortunately it doesn’t work like that.

The couch has been replaced in your bedroom, the carpet is scheduled to be replaced in this room at the end of the month, the toiletries picture on booking.com has been updated and the room has been painted.

There is no excuse for the poor service in the Bar and I have discussed this with the team in the Bar.

As we are a family run Hotel connecting with our guests is at the core of what we do to give a true Irish Hospitality experience and obviously this didn’t happen during your stay.

I would be grateful if you would make contact with me as I would like to get some more details to carry out a more thorough investigation into the exact dates that you were at the Hotel and my e mail address is slally@hotelwoodstock.ie

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity at some stage in the future to redeem ourselves.