“Suprising stay”
Review of Temple Gate Hotel

Temple Gate Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Ennis
Reviewed 16 November 2012

A recent short notice trip resulted in me booking this little gem of a hotel at short notice.
From the phone call booking to the pleasant reception on arrival, I couldn't have been made more welcome. I felt they were falling over me to ensure I had all I needed.
The room was just fantastic, warm and welcoming.
I decided to try the Preachers bar for dinner( I had been given a 10% discount voucher on arrival)
Again, the staff we very warm and welcoming, the food was just great. the atmosphere was pleasant and the background music relaxing.
Breakfast next morning was freshly made from a choice selection, with plenty of tea and coffee and fresh fruits and hot baked goods.
I was so impressed, I plan to bring my wife very soon to this gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevator and service lockers a big help. No AC unit in the room I was in, but warm r...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Siobhan H, Manager at Temple Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Dear RobertM,
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay and in particular we are very pleased with your your reference to Temple Gate as a “little gem”. We are delighted that you enjoyed both the food and service at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife on your next visit to Temple Gate Hotel.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Stayed for a long weekend during the Ennis Trad Festival. Excellent central location for exploring the town. Clean & tidy hotel with pleasant, friendly staff.
Our double room was on the 3rd floor and was an adequate size with a comfortable bed and tidy modern decor.
Food served both in the Preacher's Bar and in the restaurant was of a good standard and reasonably priced.
Very pleasant stay. Would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012

Deat Sleepysheepy1,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community following your recent stay with us.We are delighted with your recommendation and your comments will inform future guests what to expect when they stay at Temple Gate Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Centrally located hotel. Perfect for strolling the lovely streets of Ennis.Friendly welcome on arrival from reception. Room clean and comfortable. Very warm though at night.
Could have done with extra shampoo/shower gel supplies.
Had a few drinks in the bar. Trad session on which was enjoyable on a Saturday afternoon. Bar menu looked good. Had seafood chowder (lovely) and vegetarian pasta ( tasteless unfortunately as it looked great) . Bar staff very friendly.
Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Siobhan H, Manager at Temple Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear Tazzie4,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I will pass on your kind words to the staff at Reception and in Preachers Pub. We will also be discussing your observations of the Bar Food with the Chef and his team.
We are pleased to hear that you will definitely be returning and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Only stayed here for the one night....The hotel is very "formal". The rooms are very clean and comfortable...although I feel they were also very basic for the amount it cost us to stay!! (about 70 euro!!) The hotel is in the centre of town so this probably reflects in the price!! I would stay here again, although my chances of coming back to Ennis are unlikely as I still have loads of Ireland to see!!!

Room Tip: I have no complaint about the room, and the hotel was very quiet....(however it was a Tuesday night...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Siobhan H, Manager at Temple Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Dear MandieSurrey,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us at Temple Gate Hotel. Our prices are in line with similar properties in the area and we feel that we offering good value given our central location and our extensive facilities. I am happy to read that you would stay with us again which is great testament following your visit. So when you have toured the rest of Ireland we look forward to welcoming you on a return trip to Temple Gate Hotel!

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stayed here for 1 night. The hotel is very centrally located, only a minute from O'Connell Street. The staff were very friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. There was free parking too. We had a very enjoyable stay :)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sheepish7
Siobhan H, Manager at Temple Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear Sheepish7,
Thank you for staying with us recently and also for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your whole experience including the complimentary guest car parking. I am also happy to read that you found our staff friendly in addition to the cleanliness and comfort of your room. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Temple Gate Hotel in the near future.
Sales & Marketing Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennis
0.2 km away
7.5 km away
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to Temple Gate Hotel? Share your experiences!