All reviews hen weekend mid week the pub bar food craic nightlife waitress cliffs
Reviewed 11 August 2018

First thing is this hotel has no parking. We had to park across the street in the public car park,which meant going out at 9.30am in the morning to put a ticket on the windscreen.

The reception is upstairs and the corridors are narrow and smell of cigarette smoke. The narrow doors between corridors make it hard to manoeuvre luggage through them.

The room itself was basic. Definitely a no-frills set up, which is ok for the price which was cheap. It was let down though by the shabby grout in the shower and the tv reception, which was like you would get with a rabbits ears and was missing many of the major channels.

We were also told on arrival that the nightclub was open that night but, though we could hear the music, it wasn't so loud to stop us sleeping.

No breakfast was included or even an option as far as I can tell but there are plenty of local cafes to go to for that so it's not the end of the world.

I don't think I'd be inclined to go back, I prefer a bit more comfort. And parking.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yvonne E
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Reception was clean but basic .lady at reception very nice but that’s where my good experience ended . I had asked booked a triple room double and single . I received the smallest double room . The floor wasn’t level. And creaked everytime I walked. The room was freezing . I knew when booking there was a night club so had asked to be away from that . I was put on first level where I could see into the local pub across the road where they had singing and music till after 1 . Even with the windows closed I could hear every conversation . The tv was all fuzzy and very few Chanel’s to which there was no list. The bed I could feel the springs coming thru . I didn’t try the coffee shop .

Room tip: Don’t stay here
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Caitriona W
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Simply foul experience. Do not book the Queen's Hotel if you want comfort or cleanliness.

PRO:
- Staff was friendly

CON:
- The room I had on 1st floor smelled BAD. Really bad. Taste it in your mouth bad.
- No wi-fi in rooms
- Dirty grout in bathroom
- Old, beat-up decor
- Challenging to navigate the hotel, especially w luggage. Yes, it's historical, I get that, but when you're exhausted and lugging suitcases up stairs and through teeny-tiny narrow wooden doors every few steps, the historical charm is lost
- Did I mention it smelled really bad?
- PARKING! The hotel has no parking, and the closest lot requires you feed coins to park every 3 hrs during the day
- Old, uncomfortable mattress

I would also add the noise from the nightclub, but this I expected when I booked. I actually didn't mind the noise, though it was, of course, quite noticeable.

Room tip: Smells bad, not clean, no wi-fi, pay for parking
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Katie S
Reviewed 8 July 2018

it was a fast visit as we were attending a wedding, check in was fast, the room faced the Friary which made it more enjoyable, we were warning about the noise level when we checked in, and to be honest we were expecting worse, the hotel is in a very busy town, and has other bars around it as well as the nightclub and their own bar, we did`nt eat at the Queens as it was a place to sleep after the wedding, but the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff we met were Lovely, Foley 216, 07,07.2018

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Was in Ennis recently to try the upgraded restaurant in the Queens Hotel. They only had Brunch, no lunch. Very disappointed. The options were limited but all four of us got some food. The food options we took were cooked lovely, prepared well and all plates were emptied. The food options were good value for money. The staff were very pleasant and friendly.

Date of stay: June 2018