“Souper!”

Cuisines: European, Hungarian, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2016

Was coming into Ennis for the book festival with my husband. We had planned on an early bird dinner, so I was looking for somewhere we could just, quote 'get a bowl of soup' for lunch. Having googled along those lines I came along the tripadvisor reviews for this place. Unfortunately the seemingly famous seafood chowder had been the special soup the day before! We had mushroom soup and the chicken and roast pepper soup and added a Panini each for the €8.50 deal. Incredibly good value. Everything was delicious and freshly made. I had an excellent coffee for €2.00 and hubbie had an Innocent brand bottle of apple juice - also €2.00. Everyone should be coming here for lunch. I'll definitely be back on a lunch break during a week day - especially when I see the chowder is on, dying to try that!! Lovely staff as well.

2  Thank kirkgirl

Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

I have become a frequent customer by now. Very cosy place with a really kind staff. I really love their soups, especially the Hungarian Goulash. The seafood chowder is the best in the town. You can't miss this cafe if you visit Ennis. Simply Souper!!

4  Thank András M
Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

My wife and I were starving and while looking for a place to have some soup in a cold day we stumbled into this place it's was funny because it couldn't have been better Souper! We had great tomato basil soup with a couple sandwiches that had some of their house sauce and they were amazing. Highly recommend if near by.

4  Thank miguel a
Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

We had an amazing lunch, the food is outstanding and the staff is extremely welcoming. I had Seafood chowder and my hubby tried the Chicken and roast pepper soup and lovely hungarian Somlói galuska. We highly recommend it to everyone.

5  Thank Ilona A
Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

You find yourself in the beautifully quaint little town of Ennis and you're dying for snack,

you want something affordable and filling but not too heavy either, you want good service but not one of those places that over does it with "is everything ok?" Ever two seconds.

The souper is the ideal place for you,
First off as a self proclaimed coffee critic, let me assure you, the coffee is second to none in this town, the decor and atmosphere due to the soft cream colours and excellent music choices are incredibly chilled and relaxing, and the food is exquisite.

Above all else though I must say what I truly loved was the service, I was greeted with a lovely smile by a young Irish waitress with beautifully coloured hair, and had my order taken and food served in a little under 3 minutes.

They sparked light banter when I suggestivly signalled that I would like to chat but I was not hounded before hand, Which was fantastic. The Hungarian members of staff were also so bright and cheerful that it really made it feel like a delightfully cultured experience.

I'll leave you with a few words that come to mind when I think back on it but I want you to know that I would recommend this little,
Professional
Comfortable
And
Relaxing
Affordable
Caffee to anyone who might find themselfs in this neck of the woods.

The souper truly was a SUPER experience in my book

8  Thank Anthony o