All reviews west port gammon steak set menu a late lunch breakfast was excellent pudding one night stay a wee bit comfortable room full scottish breakfast andy specials chips ales butter ensuite loch
Reviewed 2 August 2016

Very accomodating to our needs and the food was excellent. Very friendly staff. A really nice atmosphere and a nice place where we stopped for lunch. We would definitely go back. We were served by Taylor who was a brilliant waiter.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Will really not be going back for lunch after this week's experience. The mushroom and rosemary soup was worse than something out of a can - tasteless, watery, and the ciabatta served with it was stone cold. Poor service......... had to 'enquire' what had happened to our drinks. No attempt by the waiter to apologise. Will not be going back.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night to attend a friends child's Baptism. Booked via Booking.com. Booked two rooms but on arrival only one room allocated. Staff very apologetic & helpfully arranged for two of us to stay at a nearby B&B but not a great start. Twin room tiny but clean and functional. Could do with some money spending on the rooms. Single gazing, so very noisy as sited on a busy road. Bathroom again needed updating. Very pleased to see a hairdryer though. Downstairs area very smart and looked as if been refurbished recently so maybe due a face lift upstairs shortly. Breakfast good but no porridge. Thought it was pricey but it was peak season.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Room was great. Not all rooms the same size, but have good ensuite and comfy beds. Tea & coffee available - more available as required downstairs.

Had a meal when we got there - good simple food, tasty and good portions. Breakfast was excellent, though far too much. Got two of everything, so if you don't want too much, ask for what you need! There is a good choice of cooked breakfast anyway. Some fresh fruit available and two fruit juices.

All in all, pleasant stay for one night. Could be a good base to explore the area for longer. Staff are helpful and friendly, especially Bruce.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

Booked in for two night stay room on first night had bad smell of drains soil pipe not connected to wash basin flooded floor when I used it
Very helpful member of staff changed my room
Was up very early next morning and came back and had excellent breakfast
Out all day at local celebration came back to hotel and wanted early night
A disco started about 8pm that I had not been aware of I found it impossible to get to sleep
Decided to check out and asked barman to get someone to contact me about a refund
I had to call myself a few days later
Manageress was very apologetic and offered refund for both night I said I was happy to pay for the one night
She said she we send me vouchers not rieceived after one month
Good value for money good staff but spoiled by false promises

Room Tip: Avoid front rooms as traffic can be noisy
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo