“Food not Seasoned”

Colonel Mustard In The Courthouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Colonel Mustard In The Courthouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 122 Restaurants in Hamilton
Reviewed 11 November 2017

I really liked the Restaurant and the Atmosphere. The food would have been a whole lot better if anything had been seasoned. Very bland but which could have been a 5 stars for me. The Bramble cocktail was like sipping iced water too. If you charge nearly £6 for a drink at least make it taste like one.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Amazing food in Hamilton with great service at a reasonable price. Try the Beef Cheeks and Mac N Cheese, you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We had a 5pm deal which was excellent value. The starter of BBQ flatbread was particularly good. I then had coley while my wife had haggis, followed by salted caramel pudding. All food was very good & as diners can see into the kitchen it was obvious that the chefs were working hard. There is a wide range of beers, whiskies & other drinks on offer including Innis & Gunn & Bitter & Twisted on draft which is quite unusual in Hamilton. The restaurant is at the back of the building behind the bar. We found the background music very loud. The waitress said this was because it was covering both areas but I think they turned it down a bit before we left.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

This was our 2 visit and will not be last.starters were lovely as was main meal.the staff very attentive and friendly.restaurant is clean as are the toilets we stay in east Kilbride and wish it was there

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Took a 5pm deal and made a booking for this evening. A couple of minutes wait and our table was ready. Presented with an A4 piece of card with the choices available (obviously limited for the 5pm deal) I think it was a choice of 5 starters, 5 mains and 2 desserts. I had the beef flat bread and my friend chose haggis bon bons, both were absolutely beautiful. The flavours worked well and were presented beautifully. Next we both chose the chicken with sticky rice and this is why I've deducted stars. I couldn't put my finger on it but it just didn't taste... nice :/ we ate it but it most definetly didn't have that oohhh factor that the starters gave us, the rice was unseasoned and kinda like a dodgy pan you have made at home and it's all stuck to the bottom. None of the flavours of garlic or ginger or chilli were there like it said on the menu. Next was the sticky toffee pudding with banana ice cream... ours never had the said banana ice cream on it, but vanilla. Although not horrible it was very basic pub fare and I have had much tastier in a local Wetherspoons. The staff were all fantastic and were working hard as it was a busy Friday night. Drinks were a great price and tasted lovely.
Would I come back? Perhaps not for the 5pm limited choice menu.