“Table for one”

Ranked #3 of 121 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned and run Italian Restaurant. We are very family friendly. Please feel free to call us for bookings and information. Thank you
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Had a lovely medium rare steak with side salad and chunky chips washed down with a glass of house red and then an espresso, cant complain at all and pretty busy for a Monday night which is what got me through the door in the first place.

1  Thank RubadubHub

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

A vast selection of food to choose from. EATaliano salsiccia was very good but the calamari fritti were rubbery & not very crispy. Mains were fine but nothing to rave about. Only one dessert bought & again it wasn't worth reviewing. I can't see me going back.

Manio L, Manager at Cafe Eataliano, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

We wish to thank you for your review. We always check back on all our customers to make sure everything is okay with their meal. We can only apologise that you didn't enjoy your food. We would of appreciated if you advised us at the time, we could have dealt with this issue there and then. All our staff are friendly and approachable and it would have been no problem for us to fix this issue for you. We do hope you can give us another try.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Phoned in advance to request a vegan option and was told there would be plenty of choice on the night. However, the waiter told me there were absolutely no vegan options. This led to an awkward discussion with the manager and ultimately I had to find something myself from their ingredients with zero suggestions and it wasn't bad but hardly inspiring. The cocktail I had tasted like stale fruit juice. Nice decor but unfortunately so noisy you can barely hear each other. With so many people being vegetarian/vegan, please improve your offering.

1  Thank natalies12455

Hi there
Thank you for your feedback regarding Vegan options. I have spoken to our Manager who recalls a telephone conversation regarding Vegan options but unfortunately we have no recollection of an awkward discussion at a table.
We have plenty of Vegan options as all our sauces are made fresh so can amend any to accommodate Vegan and Vegetarians. We also are more than happy to advise customers on vegetarian/vegan options too.
Our staff are all trained to deal with these options too and have no new recent staff that wouldn't beable to help.
I can only apologise again that you were unhappy with your experience and will feed this back to our staff for future reference. We do hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Met a friend in Hamilton and we decided to try Cafe Eataliano and we were not disappointed. We had the two course lunch and we both had soup to start with, I chose the Minestrone and my friend had the Broccoli and Cauliflower soup and they were both delicious and were served with fresh bread and butter. We then decided to have the Fish and Chips and the fish was very nice and the chips were the best I have tasted in a long time. We chose not to have a sweet as the meal we had was very filling and had a black coffee served with cream on the side, which was served in a large mug rather than a small teacup and we had a shortbread biscuit served with the coffee. The staff were extremely pleasant and very efficient and I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant and hope to return in the future.

1  Thank Jeanette M
Reviewed 3 October 2017

The restaurant has a very relaxed atmosphere . there are very competitive prices with a great menu selection .The staff are friendly and helpful and absolutely great food with good selection.

1  Thank jimsmith347