“Good again ”

Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Booked a table for Saturday afternoon, just aswell quite busy. Had 3 set menus good value for money. Stayed for a few drinks and were able to have our table until we left 3 hrs later

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Hadn’t been for a while so decided to go for tea. Liked the idea of the 2 courses for £7.50. Always enjoyed the chicken goujons so was pleased to see them on as a starter. Asked what I’ve asked many times before “could I have the goujons as a main meal please?”. This was met by utter confusion from the waitress. She eventually agreed to ask the chef. Was told I could have this but I would be charged for the portion of chips. My turn to be confused. I asked if it was a bigger portion than the starter but was told no! So I confirmed I was getting the starter size as a main AND being charged for chips. Yes, I was! Wish I’d changed my mind. Not sure how many times they’d been cooked but batter was very dark brown and very hard. Chips were lovely as was ice cream. Definitely won’t be rushing back ☹️.

1  Thank M0gley
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I have been here a few times with friends for drinks. The golf inn is cosy little place with a great atmosphere. They have lovely staff and the drinks are reasonably priced

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

The Golf Inn, main street,Prestwick. Is a cosy little friendly place. Traditional pub food, well priced and reasonable menu. Food was good with and served by friendly and non intrusive staff. Music not to loud patrons friendly and helpful too.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to pop in for some lunch today on our passing. I have eaten here once or twice, though it was her first. The pub was quiet (what we were looking for, though I know it is busy at night) so we had no issue finding a table. Everything was so clean and perfectly laid out. The woman working behind the bar was very nice and offered great customer service.

I ordered the Chicken and Haggis with mashed potato whilst my girlfriend ordered Lasagne with chips. Both meals were delicious, fresh and portioned to a decent size! There was plenty of choice on the menu and what we ordered was only one of several things we would have liked to try. Overall, a great wee place for a bite to eat and a chat with friends. Great food, great drinks and a welcoming atmosphere. We will definitely be back!