Craggallan Guest House
US$139
US$119
US$123
US$110
Beechwood Ensuite Rooms(Ayr)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$55
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

US$89
Travelodge Ayr(Ayr)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
US$142
US$93
  • Bar/Lounge
Orbitz.com
All reviewstown centrecan't fault this placerooms were very cleantop marksminute walklittle extrasfirst classfree wifilocation is greatwould definitely stay here againstayed here for one nightnight staywarm welcomebreakfastguesthousescotlandaccommodation
Reviewed 3 January 2018

The B+B is perfectly placed metres from the lovely court house and beachfront but in a quiet street. The whole B+B is bright, modern, warm and homely. Breakfast was first class in terms of choice and quality. The room and bathroom were spacious and spotlessly clean. The hosts were fine. The only slight negative was the less than powerful shower.

Room Tip: We had the triple room facing the road but still no noise
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam B
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Arriving in Ayr jet lagged late afternoon, what I needed were some home comforts away from home ... a tall order ... and yet, I found much more than I expected but just what I needed at Craggallan ... simple touches such as the hot water bottle seem to be par for the course here but make a huge difference when you need the kind of TLC that is just not on offer in the typical needlessly formal or corporate type hotel. For Craggallan is a welcoming family-run guest house and not an anonymous hotel.

At Craggallan you won't be obliged to graze with fellow guests at the breakfast trough that even deluxe hotels are favouring these days ... instead, you will be served breakfast by the delightful hosts.

Any words that I might use to describe Craggallan would be, without exception, positive and in the superlative.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 4 December 2017

"What can I say?" Simply Fantastic, A range of rooms for all Single,Couples,Family's. A wonderful,Charming Place. Large Sitting room with free WiFi (I even watched rugby on Sky Sports) Don't tell the wife! Seriously I can't fault this place some of the rooms Are "Huge" The Breakfast served @ By the sea Two doors down is Top notch with Fresh Fruit available to compliment its Full Scottish Breakfast (Highly recommended) Nothing is to much trouble Fantastic Location with that certain Je ne Sais Quoi.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Wigan1977
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Before I begin please read the other 'triple booked room' review as my experience totally mirrors this.

I too was offered alternative accommodation but accepted this, based on online pictures only. The standard was adequate and modest but nowhere near the standard advertised and paid for at the Craggallan.

I complained about this and was offered to change back to Craggallan for the second night or a reduced price for another visit. I wasn't happy with this, we didn't want to move again, don't wish to return and preferred a reduction in the price which I had already paid to reflect this.

This was point blank refused.

I complained to expedia whom I booked through. I explained the circumstances and they took up my complaint.

Unbelievablably the reply Craiggallan gave to expedia was.. I hadn't made a complaint against them.

I quote a correspondance back to me from Craggallan. 'I do take on board the standard of the room is not what you expected'.

Management response will no doubt say I was offered alternatives, yes I was, as I stated but I don't think I was unreasonable in requesting a price reduction.

Beware of the 'double booked' call.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on a trip around Scotland. The rooms were very clean and very tastefully decorated. Our bed was super comfy, which is obviously important(!) and the breakfast was impressive. We tried The Waterfront for food in the evening which I'd highly recommend too. All in all, a great B&B at a very good price. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family