Mercure Ayr Hotel
Western House Hotel(Ayr)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$103
US$92
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

Beechwood Ensuite Rooms(Ayr)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$77
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

US$138
US$99
US$84
The Burnside Guest House(Ayr)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$79
PremierInn.com
US$138
US$127
All reviewsspa facilitiessea viewcentral locationgood sizebuffet styletown centrebit datedgreat weekendcomfortable roomnight breaka lovely staymy mumcooked breakfastjacuzzireceptionistcoursesscotland
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Really disappointed with this hotel. Location was fantastic, but the hotel left a lot to be desired.

We paid £94 a night excluding breakfast, and the rooms were tiny, and needed a deep clean.

The hotel needs some modernisation or just a fresh lick of paint. It’s a shame really as the staff were lovely and the location was really good.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Michaelanyon
Lindsay S, General Manager at Mercure Ayr Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear guest

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your expectations were not met. Your comments have been passed on. Thank you for your kind words on the staff, this is an area we are often praised on and I am delighted that you found this to be the same.

Thank you again and I do hope you will return sometime in the future.

Regards
Lindsay S

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Stayed last week end with other couple for tribute night at another hotel,which was fully booked.This hotel requires a major overhaul.Dated furniture and carpets in hallways,corridors,bar area,dining room.bedroom and bathroom need a makeover.Bedroom and bathroom were clean.Friendly staff.Breakfast was good.Drinks were expensive.For what you get, thought hotel was overpriced.Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard-Maisie
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Rooms could do with a right good clean also the bathroom is in need of a refurbishment ,not very nice bathroom in fact the whole hotel is needing a clean and up dated ,paintwork is all needing done along with the toilet .

Room Tip: Rooms could do with a right good clean also the toilet is not very nice ,was a massive big chip in the bath
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Had a visit here with my partner for the long weekend, check in room ect was all of the average and what we expected booked our evening meal for 9pm on the Friday evening, choose from the 3 course set menu which was adequate.
My starter was lovely really enjoyed it, ordered chicken and peppercorn sauce with mash for my main was told there was no mash, so I had chips instead whistle cutting my chicken I cane across a medium sized black hair, brushed it to the side then however found a further 3 more in my chicken which I could no longer eat as I was put off the whole meal informed waiting staff who where going from kitchen to bar and reception area.. cross contamination in my eyes!
A manger then approached us with a " complement" bottle of wine and informed us the chef was no longer on the premises and he would do a full investigation as to how the hairs ended up in my meal and would get back to us this didn't happen!
When we got home we emailed the hotel regarding our concerns and a week later we still have had no reply this really dampened our whole weekend cost us more money by having to eat out the hotel for breakfast which was included in our stay.
I don't feel they care now that we have stated there and we don't think a cheap bottle of house wine really covered our £44 meal and would appreciate a fully apology and explanation from the chef himself.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I think someone stole the sign from a Mercure hotel and put it outside this hotel.

The staff were great in fairness. All friendly and helpful.

However the rooms (both mine and a colleagues) were tatty and in need of refurbishment. An example is the lovely stain in the old worn carpet in my room.

The view of the car park behind the hotel was probably the only highlight of the room.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business