“Best curry house in Ayr”
Review of Indian Times

Indian Times
Ranked #13 of 215 Restaurants in Ayr
Price range: US$20 - US$33
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Been here 3/4 times now and the food is excellent. The prices are so reasonable compared to other curry houses in Ayr. Alcohol is not served but you can BYOB and no corkage charged. Give it a try, best curry I’ve had in years.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

First time trying this relatively new restaurant in Ayr. Fantastic food, great service. Been hoping a really good Indian restaurant would open up in Ayr and this certainly didn't disappoint! Whole family really enjoyed our meal, dish tasted different, good size portions and a great choice of starters and main courses.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

We had great value from the set menu and it was a nice change to get the papadoms included. Fewer places seem to do that theses days so it's much appreciated.

Indian Times is unlicensed but a quick trip to the chilled drinks cabinet in the supermarket opposite and we were sorted! The waiting staff are friendly and the kitchen seemed incredibly busy with take-out and deliveries. A good sign.

Starters were freshly cooked crisp pakora and my main was the vegetable patia which was a sweet and spicy dish with assorted vegetables including black cauliflower. It was flavourful if a bit on the sweet side for my taste but it's good to try something different.

I wasn't a fan of the black cauliflower. It was overcooked and tasted of nothing in contrast to the rest of the dish. How do they get it like that? It's a new one on me! Anyway I digress. The menu was vegetarian and possibly vegan friendly. Value-wise for Indian cuisine in Ayr you cannot beat the Indian Times.

Photos to follow. Hope that helps.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

The visit was suggested by a friend who had raved on about how good the new indian on the sandgate was. I was dubious.
However, we visited last night and it was incredible. The staff are very welcoming and friendly. The portions are large and delicious. They are also good value for money! I’ll be back soon

Note: try the sweet nan! it’s the best I’ve had in years

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

The food here was really good and amazing value for money. Very well cooked and flavourful. They offer a few deals to choose from or you can order from the a la carte. Still bring your own bottle. Highly recommended and will definitely return.