“Absolutely Shocking”

Ranked #43 of 188 Restaurants in Paisley
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ph: 0141 889 4529, Fax: 0141 889 6612. Abbey Inn also has accommodation.
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Whilst sitting having a coffee with some friends I was absolutely disgusted to see the staff treat a young man and his son in a shocking manner.

The staff said that his son was “not allowed in unless he had something to eat”. The man quite rightly said about the licensing laws and how children could remain I till 8pm. The staff then said “that doesn’t apply here”. Then the manager chirped in shouting “I’m not loosing my licence for you”. The entire tone and attitude of the staff was abysmal.

The man simply said that’s fine I will take my business elsewhere. Well I can assure you he won’t be the only one as half the bar witnessed this shocking display.

The only nice thing I can say is that the coffee was nice. But a nice coffee is ten a penny.

Don’t visit here! Apparently the laws of Scotland don’t apply the moment you cross the threshold of the establishment. Also if you do you will certainly face the wrath and attitude of the staff.

Disgusting.

Date of visit: March 2018
AbbeyInnPaisley, Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for your review...
We have a licensing law that require children to only be on our premises if they are accompanied by an adult and the party is having a meal, Licence's vary in all premises, this was explained to the gentleman and he was offered to order food to be able to have his child in the pub.. which he rejected!
We do hope you will visit again soon

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Went out for family birthday meal for my husband and the food was fab.

All four of us enjoyed every course and the service was great.

Reasonably priced and will definitely be back.

Date of visit: March 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your visit.

see you back again soon :)

Reviewed 27 February 2018

The Abbey Inn has been recently renovated and it looks fantastic. I was here last night for a family meal and really enjoyed it. It was reasonably quiet so service was quick and friendly. Due to it being Monday the "Mighty plates" were cheaper so I decided to get one of them. Best decision I've made in a while. I could barely move after eating so much. Whether I come here with friends to watch he football and fire through 50 chicken wings or with my family for dinner, its always a good time

Date of visit: February 2018

Hi Kalen,

Thanks for your review!
We hope to see you back again soon..

Reviewed 19 February 2018

This was interesting. It is quite clear that the Abbey has decided food is where the money is. While it is still a pub with a bar, the sofas and armchairs have disappeared and every part of the extensive floor area is occupied by tables and chairs.
I had been staying in the upstairs hotel the night before and I was waiting from 11am (check out time) until a friend arrived for Sunday lunch later on. I was worried the place would fill up and I would have nowhere to sit, but when my friend arrived at 13:30, the place was still not that full.
The huge TV screens were showing the football and, as kick-off time approached, the sound went up. Too high. But as I was clearly in the minority, I didn't say anything!
Our food took a while to come, but when it did it was freshly cooked, well-presented and very tasty.
The staff were all friendly and helpful and, best of all, 50p for a small bottle of bitter lemon, rather than the extortionate £2.50 or more charged by most other eateries.
Large portions, so no room for dessert.
We will definitely eat here again.

Date of visit: February 2018
AbbeyInnPaisley, Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for your review!

We are glad you enjoyed your visit and stay with us and we do hope we see you back again soon!

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Before refurbishment, breakfast was quite expensive so never really went along. Since the refurbishment, the prices have been changed and we've been in several times for breakfast. We will be back.

Good choice, good food at great prices!

Definitely recommend it.

Date of visit: December 2017

HI Helen,

Thanks for your review- We greatly appreciate it!

We are glad you enjoy our breakfasts & prices :)...
Hope to see you back again soon.