All reviews the main street four poster bed cooked breakfast was lovely close to town off street parking adequate parking top floor triple room warm welcome local attractions shower gel pubs and restaurants stayed two nights comfortable lounge sitting room guest lounge breakfast room
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Located behind, above and nearly within a stone's throw from the tourist information office in Pitlochry, this B&B was a great place to stay for us. They have plenty of off-street parking for guests and you're within a short walk of the bustling, quaint town center, with it's many shops, pubs and restaurants, and the rail station. Being in Scotland, we knew the weather can change quickly and this B&B was a great place to stay on a rainy day when you might want to spend a little more time indoors. We had a room facing the countryside behind the inn and with two big windows, it was a pleasant sight indeed. We watched the rain come down as we sipped tea we prepared in the comfort of our cozy room. On our sunny day, we strolled the streets and visited a distillery within walking distance. Very good Scottish breakfast in the morning too.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the parking lot side overlooking the countryside
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank henry v
Reviewed 3 July 2017

This year I stayed in two different hotels in Scotland, both at the extremes of y expectations. Having contributed for more than a decade to the St Andrew’s Society of the River Plate, a centennial charity focused on promoting Scottish culture in my role as verse adjudicator I had some idea of what I might be expecting.

Wrong.

The Carra Beag Guest House exceeded my expectations from the very moment I entered my designated room, but then the soul of a house is not in the bricks and mortar but tin the people who inhabit it, and, in this case, the people who run it.

I cannot say I felt welcome, I cannot say I felt at home for that would belittle how I felt. There were those small attitudes, those wee gesture of kindness that left me most Britishly bereft of words, agog, stuttering protestations, but they being who they are swept my objections aside and I was carried away by a hospitality that I wasn’t expecting (particularly after my dismal experience in Edinburgh).

The four-poster in my room looked straight into a window that looked “to infinity and beyond" that showed me not just the breathtaking Scottish scenery but also allowed to see and hear the trains crossing Pitlochry on their way to the Highlands.

The toilet mismatched the room, for where the room was classical the toilet was spaceship like, fitted with all the newest appliances, intimidating in its spotlessness.
The brekkie was splendid, generous and homey at the same time, quite an achievement.

The bottom line is always the same: Will I return to this establishment? The answer is… yes, a golden buzzer YES! (albeit Pitlochry is not that close to Heathrow and the Piccadilly leaves me a few blocks short of my final destination, apparently there are engineering works under way).

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2017

Booked this on line to enable us to visit Theatre and local attractions. This accommodation absolutely filled our needs. If booking would advise requesting a lower room. The upstairs rooms (some) are in the attic and the secoond stairs very narrow. Did not bother us as the proprietor carried up our bags. Food, very good breakfast and plenty of choice.

Room tip: Ask for a first floor room, the second floor is an attic conversion but the rooms are all good
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2017

was there with friends and we had 3 rooms, the ones on the top floor are a bit smaller, but still very reasonably sized with all the amenities; ample parking space and a nice garden, which leads straight into town ! the location is perfect and the owner and staff are very friendly; the breakfast is simply superb ! highly recommend it

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Friendly host with nice rooms and a good breakfast. Close to the Main Street and all the towns attractions. Parking in rear which really helps. All in all a great couple day stay. They have dvd's available as well as a tiny fridge in the room.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple