“First class B&B”

Ranked #29 of 65 Pitlochry B&B and Inns
Malton, United Kingdom
“First class B&B”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Ellangowan House is a beautiful Victorian house that has retained many original features. The rooms are fantastic - spotlessly clean, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Marie is lovely, very welcoming, very helpful and provides a great breakfast! I would recommend Ellangowan House to anyone and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Front rooms have a view of the town.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Birmingham
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My fiancé, my parents and I visited Pitlochry this weekend as my sister was performing at the Festival Theatre there. My mother found Ellangowan House online and booked it as accommodation for the four of us for the two nights we were staying there, and it must be said we had the most delightful weekend.

We took up two of the three rooms in the cosy B&B, both of which were beautifully decorated, clean and spacious. All the amenities you could want were provided (tea, coffee, hairdryers, cots etc.) and the rooms felt very cosy and had a lot of personality. The beds were extremely comfortable and my mother, who usually sleeps very badly in any bed other than her own, reported the most restful and comfortable night's sleep that she had ever had in a hotel bed!

The B&B had a very homely atmosphere, and the owner, Marie, was lovely. The breakfast we had both mornings was superb- I tried both scrambled and poached eggs, both of which were cooked to perfection, and I am reliably informed (as I am a vegetarian) that the full English breakfast was also very good. The only very small downside was that there wasn't any wifi, although it wasn't a big issue as my partner and I both have smart phones.

The town itself is lovely, and the view from the hotel was beautiful. For anyone visiting Pitlochry or the surrounding area, I would recommend a tour of the Edradour whisky distillery. I myself am not a whisky drinker but found the whole thing fascinating. We are definitely considering coming back and staying again!

Eskilstuna, Sweden
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We are a Swedish couple in our fifties.We have stayed several times at Ellangowan House,sometimes with friends and other times with children and grandchildren. We have always had a warm welcome,outstanding service and great advice about were to go and what to see.
The rooms are cosy,clean and spacious. The Mansells have always been very nice and helpful with everything.
We really feel that this bed and breakfast is a home away from home and will be back again very soon.

2 Thank Solweig_61
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Absolutely superb welcome, accommodation & breakfast!!!
Room was HUGE - very very comfortable & clean.
Best advice - we would choose to stay her again without any doubt & recommend it to you without any hesitation.
Enjoy!!

Room Tip: Book Early!!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2011

What a beautiful place for a b&b, excellent food, hospitality and luxurious room. Would highly recommend for a couple or a family.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple