Lowest prices for your stay
US$97
US$112
US$94
Priceline
US$97
Hotels.comUS$94
FindHotelUS$94
Trip.comUS$112
All reviews afternoon tea bar meals steak pie staff were very friendly bar area car park wedding function
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 May 2021 via mobile

This is a lovely Georgian hotel beautiful maintained. The staff are friendly efficient and always happy to help. Visited for High Tea a really great experience. Well priced lovely homemade fresh food and a lovely lounge to sit in. Well worth a visit for food , drinks and the rooms are of an equal standard.

Room tip: Good private car park at the rear of the hotel. The hotel can be busy however it never feels crowded or rushed
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KirdyG1
Reviewed 15 May 2021

We called in for food while we were staying with a friend in Greenock. All precautions were in place wearing of masks until seated. All the meals we had were very tasty and of good quality and well presented.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 6 May 2021 via mobile

Excellent stay at the Tontine - very friendly and attentive staff throughout the stay. Breakfast was table service and was first class with a good choice of hot and cold . It was great to see the beer garden open and all following safe social distancing. Very comfortable hotel and recommended if looking to stay in the Inverclyde area.

Room tip: Excellent parking either on street or in private car park at rear of hotel
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2020 via mobile

Visited for food recently at lunch time and had what was most likely the worst fish and chips ever! Fish was full of bones, tasted awful and was covered in soggy yellow batter. The obviously frozen chips were terrible and the ridiculous little metal egg cup full of frozen peas was a joke. The other dish was fish pie which at almost £15 was distinctly below average, containing a similar white fish of dubious origin and a white sauce which was tasteless. Same uninspiring accompaniments of frozen chips and peas. At this price point, the meals were awful and a real let down especially in what is supposed to be one of Greenock’s best hotels.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank haemara
Reviewed 28 October 2020 via mobile

Stayed 1 night in deference to the premier inn. First obstacle was dragging my suitcase, briefcase and measuring equiipment up flights of stairs as no lift was available tho reception did offer to assist. I found the room initially appealing all bar the television which may be flat screen but not much bigger than a laptop and certainly not a smart screen. On closer inspection I found the duvet cover had holes and was threadbare. Reception replaced the cover and I was left to remake my own bed but discovered the replacement cover still had holes and was spotted with stains. Having arrived late the prospect of
further making my bed was too much and I left it. Given this is rated as a 3 star hotel the bent curtain rail and wonky lamp standard coupled with the television and linen left me sorely disappointed. I did convey this to the management and all I got was thanks for my feedback. Breakfast menu comprehensive tho at £12.00 I'm not sure of the value. Moral of the story stick to hotels that are national and
attain a standard level of service and maintenance.

Date of stay: October 2020