Tontine Hotel(Greenock)
US$82
TripAdvisor
The Waterfront(Greenock)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from these sites
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbeansfresh fruitreasonable choicebreakfast was includedglasgow airporttown centrestayed here for nightsplenty of parkingone night stayclean hotelwater pressureshort staywould recommend this hotel to anyonehotel staffexcellent staffcleaning staffcar park
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Couple of nights training needed a base to lay head... chose the HIE and was not unhappy with my choice.

Comfortable rooms, breakfast included (good choice) and free parking.

Only issue I had was that room was a family room and they had made up this to be a bed so there was no where to sit...

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Stayed for one night before performing with my pipe band at Gourock highlands games. I booked two rooms one with points & one with a normal rate. The welcome at the hotel was very poor, I found the reception unwelcoming and lacked any personality. There was no verbal recognition of IHG elite status, no offer or a free drink coupon or points (I found I got points next day on email but wasn’t given a choice) even holiday inn express are usually pretty good at this. One of the rooms 221 had a strong smell of sick, it had been cleaned but the smell lingered. I asked to move room which they did but would be better if attention to detail and the room wasn’t re-occupied again until smell subsides. The rooms are old style holiday inn express & the bathroom is one of the oldest I’ve seen. All that said, breakfast was ok and the location adequate and I slept ok. Unfortunately, there wasn’t much about this hotel that left me wanting to return to it. I feel it was generally poor and could be much better than this. I've experienced much better hospitality in Scotland with this chain of hotels.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Greenock, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Hello CHRIS H,

Thank you for staying with us and for being one of our valued IHG Rewards Club members. I am sorry to read about the unsatisfactory check-in service and room condition assigned to you. We take pride in having the absolute best and personalized service, and I appreciate that you brought your experience to my attention. I certainly appreciate your feedback and will use all your comments to ensure guests' needs and expectations are met in the future. Again, thank you for your loyalty and I hope this doesn't get in the way of your return as we'd love to host your next stay travels.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGService

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Very comfortable , Clean and cozy rooms . Friendly and welcoming staffs . Well impressed definitely will be back ! But Breakfast could be much better but still not bad . Rest everything top class !!!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2018

One night stay - easy to book online and check-in was very straightforward. Good location to find. Very quiet room - outlook not great but was fine.Room was spacious and had good hanging area and adequate drawer space. Large TV. Shower room needed a bit of updating - shower curtain is not really in nowadays. Curtain rail was rusty so maybe refurbishment is on the way. Plenty of hot water.Breakfast was fine for the price and the grab bags if you are in a hurry are a great idea. Cold buffet or a hot breakfast are available. Plenty of parking. Easy to find on way into Greenock from the East.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crieffite
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Stayed here whilst attending a reunion last week. Excellent staff, spotlessly clean. Stayed in Room 001. Blackout curtains.....excellent bad, water pressure. Just all great! Breakfast most enjoyable. Have stayed here a few times and the standard has remained good. The hotel appeared to be busy but that has no impact on the service in any areas. En route to the room, the Maintenance Man (I assume) was at the door of the next room.....he very kindly said "I will just check you have no problems with the key". There wasn't, but the keys are a little different from what I am used to... I should explain its the way the arrow points! Thoughtful staff!

Room Tip: I stayed on the Grou8nd Floor to the end of the corridor. No noise.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo