Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Destinia.com
US$65
US$53
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$65
All reviews steak sandwich family funeral course meal my dad would stay again the holiday inn sharon wake comfiest
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 March 2020

Had to travel for a family funeral and the lovely lady let us stay despite the coroba lockdown being in place the next day. Couldnt get food but the staff pointed us to where we could eat .Room was lovely and spacious. Hotel was spotless and very central. Only complaint was the mattress wasnt the comfiest .Everything else was spot on.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2020

Stayed here a couple of years ago and it was reasonable for the price but have to say it's gone downhill a bit since then, okay it's cheap and the location is good but the place is in need of a refurb and tidy up here and there, I can't fault the staff though as they were all really friendly and helpful especially Kayley, hopefully they'll do the place up sometime soon.

1  Thank DJBirch
Reviewed 10 March 2020

The room was small, unpleasantly decorated with paper coming off the walls and grubby, it took ages to find how to light bedside lamp (a power outlet behind the table near the floor and difficult to get to). No heating, the bathroom was bitterly cold, the towel rail must have been leaking and had been turned off. This at the beginning of March. View was the inside of the building but window so high we couldn't easily see it. My foot was injured but the lift was STILL not working so had to use stairs, painfully. Thank Goodness we only booked for one night. 'Free' parking meant on the street, no security. No cooked breakfast offered, nasty commercial bread and 'jam' which wasn't, more like sweet flavourless jelly. No marmalade. Cheap instant tea and coffee. Tables worn, poor paper cover. There were only two other guests so we could have had a better room and service. We were told that OYO was an international luxury chain. Luxury? ONO. Never again.

Room tip: A first time visitor would have no idea, I trust to be given the best if only to upgrade our opinion of an hotel.
Reviewed 29 February 2020

Quite disappointed with this hotel the young lady behind the check in was very helpful however the hotel room was not really up to the standard I would expect the bathroom wasn’t as clean as I would like I know it was quite reasonable in the price but unfortunately this hotel was not for me would prefer to pay a bit more and enjoy the stay needs significant investment in the hotel

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2020

Booked to stay here for 10 nights when coming from Canada in August. Brought my dad back to Greenock for interment at Greenock Cemetery. I initially chose the hotel because it was inexpensive compared to the Holiday Inn and we were on a budget. Based on that, I didn't have high expectations of the hotel or the accommodations. We got way more than we bargained for and I'm so happy we booked here. I needed a meeting room to host a wake after the interment. I started an email communication with the manager, Shirley. She answered all of my many emails quickly and helped me to arrange the menu and details for the wake from overseas. When we arrived at the hotel she met with us to fine tune the details. Shirley, Sharon and all of the staff worked so hard to make sure the wake ran smoothly and was memorable, nothing was too much trouble. The room and tables were decorated beautifully, they set up a lap top and TV so I could show a memorial video, the food (3 course meal) and service were amazing. The rooms were clean, had what we needed and really were only a place to sleep. The staff is what makes this place and why I've booked here when coming back in March. Looking forward to seeing everyone again :)

Date of stay: August 2019