All reviewswalls are thintown centreloch viewlovely viewone night staydining roomshort stayample parkinglovely breakfastfollowing morninggood nights sleepfull scottish breakfastcouple of nightscomfortable roomben nevisstopoverensuite
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel, staff all very friendly. My room was lovely and clean and bed was comfortable. The room had one of the nicest bathrooms i’ve seen in a hotel. Good breakfast also and in a good location. Would stay here again

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2018

My wife and I were looking for a hotel for a long weekend in Fort William over the weekend of 13th - 16th April. I had checked several on Tripadvisor and opted for the Cruachan Hotel for its decent reviews and proximity to the town centre.

On arriving I thought it reminded me a little of the Addams Family house from the front, with its central tower, but that is just a small part of what turned out to be more of a tardis on the inside. it looks out onto the Loch, so on nice evenings (midges aside) it would be good to sit out on the terrace beside the bar.

Once inside it was easy to see the recent refurbishment has been completed to a high standard, and we were greeted by a nice lady on Reception who checked that our rooms were ready even though we were a little early. Our room was at the back of the hotel with no view, but it was the last one available when I booked it.

I think I was expecting something a little smaller and older, but in all fairness this hotel is run like a larger city centre hotel, with 24 hour room service, a good residents bar and large dining room. All of the staff were nice and helpful, and it was a really good and pleasant stay. We did not have any evening meals at the hotel as we wanted to spend as much time out socialising as possible, but its only about 1/4 of a mile to the main street.

We did have breakfast one morning though, and there was loads of cereals, fruit, yoghurts and pastries at the buffet, with hot choices to order from the menu. I has poached eggs which were very good.

Overall I was very impressed. I did notice some new Hypnos beds being delivered so all the rooms should be not only pleasent furnished, but also ensure a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front with a view of the Loch would be best.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Fort William is lovely and the Cruachan Hotel is located close to the center of Fort William. It's a lovely old building and the breakfast is pretty good but as others have noted, the walls in this place are THIN. You can hear the people above you - you can hear the people beside you - you can hear the people talking in the hallways. Which is kind of disappointing because otherwise it's a nice place.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights at this hotel, it's in a great location and walking distance to the night street which is great for the evening.
The hotel is a lovely old looking building, the facilities are great.
The breakfast offers cereal, tinned fruit and a cooked breakfast, would have been better to see fresh fruit.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Overnight stop on route to the Isle of Skye. Pricey but I’m guessing due to supply and demand for hotels in Fort William.
Traditional look from the outside but recently modernised inside. Clean and well decorated it came up to scratch. Only had breakfast but a decent choice with good service.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family