All reviews lochs and glens self drive coach driver relief driver long journey coach holiday meal times excellent driver great holiday nightly entertainment bar prices are lovely old hotel winter break walk in shower journey home room number excellent hotel
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Disappointed with the quality of the food at the hotel but the staff were first class...too good for the food really. The rooms were clean and ok but our double was a bit on the small side. The hotel is probably the highest in fort william with wonderful brows and there is a direct route of steps down to the town...not wheelchair friendly but there is a road to the hotel, again, a little on the steep side. The hotels evening entertainment was a bit lax, it didn't start until late despite the artist being there at the hotel. We ended up playing Dominos which was more exciting! Would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Best views at the front
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank DulvertonvVisitor
Reviewed 2 June 2018

We stayed at the Highland Hotel for 4 nights / 5 days as part of a Lochs and Glens holiday.
The hotel is well maintained and comfortable.
Our room was of a good size with plenty of storage facilities and had a side view to Loch Linhe and Fort William town. The room cleaning was to a high standard.
The outstanding feature of the hotel, however, was the friendliness and efficiency of all the staff. The manager, David, was very 'hands on' and it was clear that there was a good team spirit all round. On one of our day excursions we were severely delayed on our way back to the hotel due to a road accident ahead and didn't arrive back until 9.30pm. David greeted us on the coach and assured us that the evening meal ( and staff ) had been kept back to provide the meal per menu. Superb management and on the following evening everyone was offered a complementary drink with their meal as a 'thank you' for our patience : given that the delay was in no way due to the hotel this
showed the sincerity of their commitment to their guests.
Overall the food was good and the menu varied.
The excursions provided in the Lochs and Glens package were first class and the driver,Tommy, was full of fun and very efficient ( including an incredible 90 mile detour on the evening we were held up by the road accident ).
The hotel is close to Fort William town centre but the walk back involves a lot of steps and steep gradient : a taxi will be required if you have mobility problems.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Asitwas4me
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Stayed here for a week February. Amazing, clean and well presented hotel. Lovely rooms, large ensuites. Amazing food served every night with loads of choice. Staff could not do enough for you. Even offered packed lunch for journey home.

Stayed: February 2018
2  Thank EX33Sharon
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I went here with my family and from boarding the lochs and glens coach to getting back to my drop off point it was a fantastic break the hotel was fantastic nothing was too much trouble the staff were friendly and helpful and very polite, the room was again fantastic, the food I couldn't fault and I'm very picky (I'm sure I put on weight) I loved every minute of the break and I'm looking to book for next year with my partner

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank happymumNottingham
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Good to come back to the Highland Hotel after several years.
I advised the hotel in advance about my food intolerances. Every member of the dining-room/catering team had been made aware, and I received outstanding service. Much appreciated.
A very welcoming hotel run to the highest Lochs and Glens standards.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple