All reviews inverlochy castle sized room large towels michel roux shared kitchen would stay again light bulbs common room on arrival views of ben nevis self catering comfy bed other guests porridge factors cottage lounge
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the cottages with 5 persons in three rooms for two nights. The rooms are very comfortable equipped and very spacious. Also the bathroom looks very good. E. g. the fluffy towels were warmed! With all guests you share a good equipped kitchen and a living room. We just had one major problem: the beds. All five of us woke up each morning with back problems. Reason for this was, that the mattrasses were very, very soft.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

THE GOOD
- The cottage is very clean
- The cottage is in a good location
- The staff at the castle were friendly

THE BAD
- We were woken up all night by people slamming their doors and walking around in the room above us
- The internet did not work the whole day and night, we were asked to restart the modem in the lounge and it still didn't work
- The seat was broken on our toilet seat on arrival

CROWS VERDICT: Pass

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Was booked here by my Company and very grateful they did! It has (for me) all the benefits of staying at Inverlochy Castle, without the expense.
My booking was a room only, with breakfast an additional £21 which I initially baulked at, and outside my companies rate. However, after checking in at the castle, and realising it was run by the Roux Brothers I decided to pay anyway, and I don't regret it one bit.
If you have transport, you can get food in Fort William, but after a long drive, I decided to eat in the Castle. Note-If you are eating in the Restaurant, there is a dress code, and Gentleman need to wear a Jacket. I didn't have one, but there is a Lounge Menu where you can get bar meals, which were great anyway, and fine for my needs.

Breakfast was fantastic, the Porridge Brûlée a work of Genius(why has nobody done this before?)

Service was exceptional as one would expect.

The room itself was lovely and I had a good nights sleep, my only small niggle would be the doors to the rooms have very severe auto door shuts, which causes the doors to bang loud whenever they are closed. I've seen a number of complaints on here about noisy guests and I had the same problem, but maybe the other guests thought I was noisy as well, whenever I left my room?!

If you can, get a Room Bed and Breakfast deal.

There is nowhere walkable to get food and drink so make sure you have options if you don't want to eat at the Castle.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get the breakfast. I had a corner room that was lovely and roomy.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed in one of the rooms at Factors Inn. There is plenty of parking spaces and access is via the Inverlochy Castle Hotel.

There are a few fire doors and stairs to climb, so pack lightly...

The room we had was large with two bathrooms (one with a bath too!) and a super comfy bed.

Set around the castle, it is very quiet and we had a great sleep. Beyond the room, there are no facilities though-you need a car.

On checking out, we popped into hotel-looked very grand inside

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Instructions regarding checking in at the hotel were clear and it went smoothly. The breakfast at the hotel was perfect. However, the communal arrangement at Factors Cottage is problematical if you are unfortunate enough to share with inconsiderate guests as we did.
Banging doors, loud conversations late at night, and one guest holding a telephone conversation right outside our bedroom door at 6.30 in the morning!
The hotel and its staff suited us perfectly but I would not book rooms at Factors Cottage again, so my 4 rating relates to the hotel and not the accommodation.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends