Lowest prices for your stay
US$270
Expedia.comUS$146
PricelineUS$145
Destinia.comUS$270
1,454 results
All reviews small lift railway station buffet breakfast central location high street lovely hotel reception staff superior room town centre black pudding stayed for one night ben nevis porridge fort bistro highlands loch
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

When you go in and up the stairs it looks a bit shabby and the carpets are worn. However I had a room in the top floor which looked as though it had been renovated recently. The en suite was still sparkling.

The restaurant felt a bit tired but the food was excellent. Breakfast was really good.

They have the covid processes sorted with a one way system.

Staff were in the main very friendly and helpful. Female on the desk when we tried to check in 20 minutes early was a bit short with her response and sent us on our way...

Great location with plenty of free parking.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2020

Nothing wrong with the hotel apart from one rude and inefficient waitress at breakfast. No please, thank you or good morning. When asked why part of the breakfast had not been served she was totally dismissive. Excellent location for train station.

2  Thank Dajari63
Reviewed 19 October 2020

Stayed here for 3 days, hotel is very central, across the road from the train/bus stations, the double room was large and very comfortable, with a good view overlooking the Bistro and the hills. Room was tastefully furnished with a very comfy bed, great hot shower, large tv and plenty of tea/coffee milk in the room, if you ran out just ask at Reception and you were replenished. Breakfast was quick and plentiful. The staff could not have been more friendly, cheerful and helpful. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

Reviewed 12 October 2020

I stayed at the Alexandra Hotel for a week as a solo traveler and felt in all respects at home. The staff are great, very helpful and kind and a special mention for the restaurant which, in these tricky times, did a great job not only with the service which was very quick at all times but in the quality of the food. The menu is extensive meaning that I did not need to seek out other establishments during my stay, The food was also always hot and the portion sizes generous. Thanks again all at The Alexandra, I had a great time.

Room tip: If you want a particular outlook, just ask!
Reviewed 2 October 2020

Staying here for a one night visit. I felt apprehensive having read some poor reviews. We are booked in a Superior Double room, very nice room. It is a refurbished room and is very nice, spacious and has an extra bed. The bed is very comfy, bathroom very nice too.
The room is immaculately clean with chairs, dresser and tv.
We ate in the restaurant and had a lovely 3 course meal. Table service and the staff are lovely. Vegetable samosa with chilli sauce, gorgeous! I had grilled chicken which was extremely nice served with veg and the nicest roast potatoes I have ever had in any hotel, delicious and chicken was lovely too. Boiled potatoes too. Served piping hot and massive portions, I had the cheeseboard with variety of crackers and lovely cheeses, delicious!
The hotel is dated, but personally I think it adds to the charm and character of the hotel. It’s a 3 star hotel and
is very great value.
Staff are very pleasant
Location is excellent.
Please don’t be put off by bad reviews, this is a charming hotel with real character, dated, but very nice. We were on top floor.
My only negative is the size of the lift which is far, far too small and can feel claustrophobic.
My only other suggestion would be playing some background music at night would be nice , especially during these covid times. I would suggest to the Manager to consider some nice low background music in lounge area to lift the silence and bring some ambience to such a nice hotel.
I would definitely return to this hotel, it’s so central, free Wi-Fi and car parking too.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple