“Utter rubbish”
Review of The Friary

The Friary
Ranked #103 of 281 Restaurants in Inverness
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Worst fish and chips I’ve ever had, the chips were inedible. Will not be returning here, not sure how anyone does?

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Had a Scampi supper from here today and if I'd seen it before I paid for it I'd have turned it down. The Scampi was overcooked, burnt and dry. Chips were even drier. Service was also disorganised. Two people who came into the shop after me received their food before me - not their fault but that sort of thing is easily avoidable. I've been coming here for four years but I think I may give it a miss in future if it doesn't improve.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Don't be in a hurry if you visit here, yes the food is cooked to order however they have taken the fast out of the term fast food ,food average , portion size average to smaller than average. However the food was enjoyable.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Went yesterday and had Gairloch Landed Scampi served with free homemade tartar sauce and lemon. Totally delicious. Shetland Scallops on the menu for next time. Really looking forward to going back. Was awesome before and equally awesome now with new owners. Lovely friendly staff as well. Can't fault it in any way.

3  Thank Cairngirls
Reviewed 17 December 2016

Great fish and chips, made to order and always delicious. The fish is so good I've never tried anything else but always looks good.