“Excellent, clean in peaceful area.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Cardon House

Cardon House
master bedroom with super king size four poster cosy log stove in lounge
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Cardon House
master bedroom with super king size four poster
cosy log stove in lounge
king size downstairs bedroom disabled access with ensuite shower wet room
lounge facilities
dining room area
king size bedroom with large shower and bathroom en-suite
king size bedroom with ensuite shower wet room
veranda
dining area 2
upstairs hall landing
family suite 2 x double beds with ensuite shower room
master family suite 2 x single
large family suite ensuite bathroom/wetroom
king size ensuite wetroom
en-suite disabled access wetroom
king size bath and double shower room
downstairs cloakroom toilet
family room ensuite
Cardon House grounds
parking area at rear
utility room sink
kitchen with large brittania range cooker
breakfast bar area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Petrík F
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Excellent, clean in peaceful area.”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

The house itself is finish to great standard with plenty rooms,bathrooms and living room space. Very unique furniture. Surrounding is very peaceful with only sheep, horse and cows to hear. Owner is very helpful and friendly.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: bathrooms and comfy mattress
Liked least: lack of shelter for bbq
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Sonya R
Keith
“Beautiful house”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We stayed at cardon house for my sisters hen weekend in July. There was 13 of us in total. Very pleased with the house, really modern and had everything we needed. Nice quiet location. Must say there were a couple of things we were disappointed with, firstly the lack of toilet roll, and when I contacted the owner of the house she came with only 2 rolls! Then there was the lack of hot water, on our first morning only a few of us got a hot shower, then on the second morning on the day we were leaving the water was freezing, some us us took a cold shower and the rest of the girls travelled home without one which is not fine when you have to go all the way through to Aberdeen, got an apology from the owner but that was it, we had to boil the kettle to wash the dishes and a couple of the girls had to boil the kettle to get hot water to wash their hair, did not feel this was a very nice way to end our weekend.

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
29 Jul 2014
Sorry, you did not feel my property was worth more than 3 rating. You are the first guests I have had with any problems. Firstly my property is a self catering one and I supply 1.5 complimentary toilet rolls per toilet which is a total of 9 for each let. This means your party used 9 toilet rolls in one night. I did come over straight away with another 2 complimentary rolls as per your request, but had expected you to order them with your groceries. When you checked out there were 4 part used rolls left unravelled on the dining room unit. I am not sure what they were they being used for. Perhaps it was a hen party game, as I have had lots of hen parties and similar toilet rolls left unravelled.

Cardon House has never had a problem with hot water before and usually guests up to 14 stagger their showers. As you said, Sonia you had a large bath (2 person bath), and 2 others had showers. All that was required was to wait a short while for the tank to fill up, but you kept running the tap which was emptying the cylinder and not letting it heat up. I also told you that it was boiling when I arrived, 10 mins after you left. There are also solar water panels (with electric backup) which have always provided oodles of hot water, just like our other hen parties have described in their comments. The two dishwashers in the kitchen heat their own water, so I cannot understand how you were boiling the kettle to do dishes and also there were plenty dishes left unwashed and also plenty bags of unsorted rubbish left for me to do. I felt I should not have had to do this as recycling was explained in full to you on your arrival and as you are from Scotland, I would have presumed you did this at home.

I did write to you explaining about the lack of hot water being a complete mystery to me and am disappointed that you still had the need to write a poor review. I feel I did everything possible to make your stay an enjoyable one, but I suppose I cannot please all of the people all of the time.
Afergus
“beautiful house very happy hen party”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 for a stay in March 2014

had a fantastic stay here for my best friends hen party that I was organising in march, all the girls were very impressed with the beautiful house. Caroline was a lovely lady who went above and beyond to make our stay at Cardon house a memorable one... unfortunately our taxi broke down on the way to the house! but she saved the day when she and her husband picked us up!

The house is very nicely furnished with a brilliant log burning stove which keeps it nice and cosy in the living room. All of the bedrooms are large with very clean modern en suites. we enjoyed using the kitchen and dinning area the first night we arrived, plenty room for the 9 of us, the kitchen has a large cooker and two dishwashers so was very easy to work in.

The location of the property is not too far in a taxi to the centre of inverness or the 4x4 EXPERIENCE place we went quad biking it was fantastic! If I was to come again I would take a car as would be easier to get around- however this was a hen party and lots of Champagne was consumed! we managed to book the same taxi man for all our outings and would highly recommend him as he was far cheaper than other taxi quotes: 07759674150- Johnny

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, would love to come again and would highly recommend anyone to come and stay hear.

Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
leigh2812
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing weekend, absolutely faultless!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

What can I say, an absolutely fabulous weekend for my cousin's hen party. From the beginning the owner (Caroline) could not have been more helpful with correspondence and answering the numerous questions I had about our stay.
The house is beautiful, spacious and well decorated, more importantly plenty bathrooms for 13 girls! (And some of the comfiest beds I've slept in) In a lovely setting, far enough out to feel remote and secluded but close enough to town to not feel isolated. Definitely well worth every penny paid.
There is literally nothing that hasn't been thought of in this house, one of the most well equipped kitchens I've ever had in a self catering before and everything you could need for a weekend, Caroline even gave us two BBQs to use for the weekend.
Actually cannot recommend this house enough, perfect for large groups who want a chilled weekend away. Will definitely be coming back, thanks for helping us to organise a very memorable hen weekend!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The space, all the rooms, the kitchens, the bathrooms, everything!!
Liked least: Actually cannot think of anything to fault this house or anything I would change, perhaps more outdoor seating?
Friends getaway Large groups
Helen J
Mintlaw, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Hen Party”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Eight of us stayed here for a weekend and it was perfect in every way. The house and location is stunning. The owners were so nice and helpful and ensured we had everything we could possibly need. This beautiful house is immaculate throughout and we will certainly be returning. Highland hospitality at it's best.

Liked best: Everything!
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$288
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing