Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews thistle room guest house decanter of sherry place to stay caledonian canal lovely bathroom downtown inverness haggis loch ness biscuits lorraine scotland host
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2020 via mobile

My husband & I have stayed here on quite a few occasions & wouldn’t stay anywhere else when coming to Inverness. This Guesthose isn’t far from the city centre & all of the lovely restaurants the city has to offer.
Lorraine is very friendly & helpful. Lorraine’s Guesthose has everything you need, from a mini fridge to a decanter of lush sherry! The beds are extra comfortable as are the sheets & housecoats too!
Great place to stay & the decor is amazing!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2020

Unexpectedly, I had to spend almost 2 weeks in Inverness, and I had the good luck to find shelter with Lorraine at Trafford Bank.

Every corner of Trafford house is lovely. And I found such care in every corner, from Lorraine's stunning breakfasts, to the way she anticipated my every need, to the little local joys everywhere the eye can see. I stayed in several rooms, since I was such a last minute booking, and that means I can tell you with surety that each room has its own character ...and a great bed, with super modern bathrooms and sweet armchairs when you just want to dose off in the afternoon. I love how she pulls the theme of each room through, and all of the little luxuries, from the decanter of sherry, to the individually wrapped biscuits, to the little metal box of chargers and whatever else you may have forgotten to pack. I particularly enjoyed the cosy Tartan and Floral rooms.

Trafford Bank Guest House is also a warm embrace of local artisans, down to the Harris tweed bread baskets. It's a wonderful place to settle in as you explore Inverness. And Lorraine will be happy to point you to places to explore, great local shopping, or restaurants to suit your mood.

With any luck, you'll be there for a lovely vacation. But if—like me—you have a bit of a family emergency while in Inverness, Lorraine will quickly became more than just your host. Either way, you'll find Trafford Bank a lovely respite, and cosy home base at the end of every day.

Room tip: The tartan suite is cosy with a huge bathroom. Choose the Floral suite for my favorite bathroom and a sweet little reading nook.
1  Thank GreenerNY
Reviewed 14 September 2020 via mobile

We have just stayed at the lovely guest house - Trafford Bank in Inverness. It is located in a central location which means you can be in the centre of Inverness within a 15 min walk. Within a 2 mile drive, you are on the banks of Loch Ness. Only a short 5 minute walk you are on the banks of the canal where you get stunning sunsets. There are so many lovely restaurants to eat out locally, all within walking distance. Trafford Bank itself, is set in it's own grounds so offers secure parking and a place to relax in the mature gardens. The rooms are amazingly decorated and very spacious giving you an ideal place to relax and unwind. The rooms are extremely well equipped and you are short of nothing. We even had a mini fridge in our room so we could keep some chilled snacks and drinks in there. The rooms also have plenty of technology; a large TV and DVD player, bluetooth speakers so you can play music. In our room, it was a Bose speaker so good quality. We also had an all singing all dancing radio system. We had a Nespresso coffee maker along with a kettle and facilities to make cups of instant tea and coffee. There was a gorgeous decanter and two crystal glasses which contained sherry - such a sweet touch. Lorraine is a superb host and nothing is too much trouble. Upon arrival, she welcomes you with open arms and is very informative. She gives you a tour of the guest house, explains where everything is. Lorrain offers an array of items on the menu for breakfast. The food is delicious and is excellently presented and always with a smile on her face. Anyone wanting to come for a stay in Scotland, Trafford Bank is an absolute must as your base.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2019

My wife and I started a 10 day Scotland trip with a 3 night stay at the Trafford Bank Guest House. Lorraine, the owner and host, really knows what a traveler needs to feel at home and comfortable. We arrived after dark but had no issues finding the Guest House, even after flying many hours from the West Coast of the US, driving on the left, etc.

The Thistle room was immediately cozy with a lovely bathroom and attention to detail such upscale fixtures, artwork and little things like a "plug strip" so we could charge all of our devices. Every morning we had to set our alarm to get us out of the comfortable bed otherwise we would have been perfectly happy to read and relax in the room all day.

The Guest House is in a great location, about 18-20 minute stroll into downtown Inverness where we had a range of restaurants to choose from. Lorraine's breakfasts were delicious and quite satisfying with local specialties such as (my favorite) scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. Good coffee, excellent breads and fruit. English breakfast. So many options.

The House itself if perfectly maintained and contains a number of interesting art pieces, paintings and furniture that Lorraine is happy to tell you about.

It was hard to leave after our stay, but we hope to be back again soon to explore more of Scotland.

Reviewed 5 November 2019 via mobile

I've been staying away for the last 7 years. Many places have past me by. Few stay as a permanent memory.
Trafford Bank will stay. It is wonderful. Everywhere you look has a 'womens' touch, a touch with an eye to ambience, tranquility and relaxing. Quality ouses from this guest house.
A stylish, boutique, romantic guest house.

Very easy walking distance into the town centre (10~15 minutes)

I've not added photos, as those listed are bang on. Yes.. It is as good as the photos.

I've (luckily) been three times now.. I forgot to mention the Nespresso coffee machine in the bedroom.. A touch of class, lovely coffee too.

Inverness is smashing too.

I do not hesitate to recommend, and commend Lorraine on a super guest house. Thank you.

Trip type: Travelled solo