All reviews beefeater restaurant caledonian canal loch ness attached beefeater the air conditioning city centre adjoining restaurant plenty of parking meal deal family room good nights sleep quiet location clean rooms following morning reception staff car park stayed here for nights
Reviewed 5 October 2018

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Hollie M, Manager at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

A mix of business and leisure saw us require an overnight stay in Inverness. Importantly this hotel offers parking and being on the outskirts of Inverness is relatively easy to access. At the top of the Caledonian Canal, you can also enjoy a walk along the banks of the latter to set the appetite for dinner.
Our room was very clean and quite spacious. The bed was extremely comfortable - as lauded in the advert - an excellent night's sleep.
Re dinner we would say the starters were the better of the two courses at Beefeater. Breakfast dining was as generous as you wanted it to be.
All the staff were very helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay again if in the area.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Hollie M, Manager at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Jings63

I would like to take the time to thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at Premier Inn West.

I was really glad that you had a nice stay and found the room clean with a comfortable bed nothing beats a good night's sleep.

It was nice to hear all the team were helpful and friendly and I must agree the breakfast is great and sets you up for the day.

I hope you took the opportunity to enjoy a nice walk along the Canal.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. The location was good and parking not a problem. Room was a good size. Would be good to have something to put your luggage on. We used the desk chair. The room was not up to normal standards for Premier. Marks and stains on the walls. Carpet in hallways looking shabby. The AC in the room on the first night was good, however it was not working on the second night and you can not open the window. It was an uncomfortable hot and stuffy night and I tried numerous times to adjust the AC to get a bit of air circulation. Even though it was cold outside.I think the condenser is freezing so the AC stops. This needs to be looked at. The staff were friendly and helpful. The meals were OK in the Beefeater and staff were attentive.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Martine062

It was really nice to hear you found the location good and I hope you managed to do some sightseeing.

I was really sorry you had issues with the aircon and I will ensure this is looked at so it does not happen again. At Premier Inn we do have fans and top sheets available at reception.

I was sorry you did not find the hotel to the normal standard you expect from Premier Inn and we are looking at ways of improving this.

It was really nice to hear the team were friendly and I really appreciate the feedback we receive.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

- Big room, but sparsely decorated
- Hospital-style bathroom, clean enough but stayed very damp after shower
- Funky smell, no window to open (and yes, we had the A/C on)
- Breakfast in The Beefeater below par, even for a chain

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear TheIgloo

I was really glad you found the room clean and was sorry that you found it a bit damp and smelly and I will ensure I pass this onto the head housekeeper.

It was disappointing to hear the breakfast was not the best and I have passed this onto the restaurant manager.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Second visit to this site, the first was excellent and for my second trip (an almost 500 mile drive for my brother funeral) the accommodation was excellent but sadly this time let down by the attached Beefeater. Slow non attentive service, I was moved from a table because they wanted to set up for food the next day and EU staff that preferred to laugh and joke with fellow countryman (in their own language) rather than attend to paying customers, made me feel most unwelcome. The evening bar staff were very good on my two visits later in the days. I have given 4 stars to reflect the premier inn as opposed to the Beefeater, who IMO dont deserve one star.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Hollie M, Manager at Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear culan

I was so sorry to hear that you were dissapointed and had issues with the restaurant and I will make sure that I pass this onto the restaurant manager.

I was really glad you enjoyed the Premier Inn and I hope you manged to see what some of the Highlands offer.