2 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$90
Hotels.comUS$90
StayForLongUS$113
2,589 results
All reviews kings club garden room spa building kingsclub spa the main hotel luxury room conservatory restaurant lovely hotel leisure facilities bunk beds huge bed walk in shower lounge area buffet breakfast public areas car park afternoon tea
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 January 2021

Booked into the cocoon suite for a three night stay. It’s in the building across from the main hotel. Check in was fast and friendly and I was asked about booking dinner or time in the swimming pool. Room was clean and it was great having a separate sitting area.
Had dinner in the conservatory restaurant on two nights and food was delicious.
Breakfast was served downstairs and had a good choice of hot and cold food. I tried the cold meat and cheese platter one morning and it was really good. Due to covid there was no buffet, instead it was table service. Staff were helpful.
All staff were friendly and helpful and all covid protocols were being followed.
Great location within walking distance to the town centre.

Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank eck567
Craig Ewan, Other at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2021

Dear Guest,

Delighted you had a wonderful stay and appreciated our "Safely Sound" procedures and policies which we have developed and made part of our culture during these challenging times. We want our guests, staff and local community all to be very safe. We will refresh these procedures for our reopening hopefully in March 2021.

Reviewed 23 December 2020 via mobile

Staff were amazingly attentive and friendly . Everything catered for all night. Food was fantastic. All safety measures were met. Torridon made the night feel much more normal. Best place to be at Christmas we say

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Craig Ewan, Other at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2021

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We were delighted to be able to host these events in December and it was very important for us to do so in a safe enviroment, at the same time as delivering a fantastic expereience. I am glad we delivered this for you with our very passionate team who I am so proud of.

We are all eager to move onwards and upwards in 2021

Reviewed 23 December 2020 via mobile

Stayed her for 3 nights in Dec and alsp booked a meeting room and as I have come to expect from the team at Kingsmills it was fantastic from start to finish. This was my first visit since COVID so wasn't sure what to expect but I recieved a clear courtesy email with all the details then a lovely call the day of check in. I was in a Luxury King room which was spacious and included a sofa - I really appreciate the sofa when I'm in a place for more than 1 night. Room was beautiful and had a lovely view of the gardens. I ate in the restaurant and had a few drinks- all fantastic! Best dacquiri's I have had in a long time. Breakfast is also really good.

I hired the Macleod suite for a couple of work meetings and again set up was very safe - all social distanced, all had own water, glasses etc and had a beautiful Xmas tree. All the amenities were provided on time as requested. Felt really safe throughout as there was no crowds, lots of sanitiser available and clear directions for us which kept us within the rules.

What really makes this hotel however are the staff team as they are fantastic. Everyone i met was warm, friendly and welcoming. Its clearly been a tough year for this sector but you wouldn't know it. They had a smile on their face (under the mask) the whole time. I love coming here and will continue to do so. When I am in the Highlands its a warm welcome and feels like coming home.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your detailed hotel review. I am delighted Kingsmills hotel and all the team delivered all your expectations and more. You are right 2020 was our most challenging yeat yet, however we have a fantastic team and together we are determind to move onwards and upwards. We will continue to monitor and refresh our Covid procedures and look forward to opening the hotel again as soon as we are allowed to.

I look forward to wecloming back to Kingsmills and will share your positive comments on to the team who will be delighted to read.

Reviewed 17 December 2020 via mobile

Booked a luxury family room for 3 nights. me the wife, 3 month old baby and a 3 year old toddler fitted comfortable. Check in was a breeze and so was check out. Staff were fantastic and so was the food. A bit pricey but it was good. Great selection of drink provided. Breakfast was great but be sure to arrive in plenty time as they run out of some items buy the time we got down even before 10 am. Hats off to Jackie in the bar for keeping our toddler amused during our stay. Pool was good but only 30 mins at a time and you have to book a slot which to be fair was enough. Now for the niggley bits, I know covid has taken over our lives but paper cups in a so called luxury room really. Great having a separate TV for the kids section of the room just a pitty there wasn't anywhere to plug it in as all the sockets were taken up by other things. I did request a multi socket adaptor but still waiting so no kids tv. Some tired bits showing in our luxury room. If you like pannel heaters then your in luck we had 2 which worked well heating the room as it got chilly quite quickly. Air con/heater worked but didn't require it. Biggest concern for us was the vast amount of trailing cables around. A few times I caught my 3 year old unplugging things and getting in a tangle which doest bear thinking about if he were left any longer un supervised. Overall a nice stay with friendly staff and great food and clean.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank brochziggy
Craig Ewan, Other at Kingsmills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2021

Dear Guest,

I am glad that overall you enjoyed your three night stay with your family. We do have a wonderful team of associates who work very hard to deliver and exceed guest expectations.

As you are aware we have taken a number of steps and procedures to protect all our guests, staff and the communitity, from Covid-19. This runs from reservation process all the way through the guest journey to check out. Paper cups and wooden stirers are only a small part of this, reducing as many touch points as possible.

I will invisigate why there was no socket for the children's TV, there shoul be no need for additional power extentions, for the reason you mentioned already.

The airconditioning system also doubles up as the heating system as is very effective. The electric panel heaters are there for back up.

I do hope to welcome you back to Kingsmills hotel at some point in the future.

Reviewed 16 December 2020 via mobile

We booked this a a treat before Christmas and our upcoming nuptials in the new year to get a break away from island life. We booked thought hotels.com at a good rate. Few days before arrival we got a courtesy call etc all good was told we would get an email to check in but as he had already paid in full didn’t need to do this.

Turned up at the hotel to be first told they didn’t have our booking but when I said we received our courtesy call the all of a sudden found it, but not in the room we booked - we were given a family room instead.

On arriving to our room it was extremely warm so we turned heating down it was a nice spacious room then around 6pm drilling and banging started luckily we were just heading out for dinner spoke to reception and they said some essential maintenance was getting down and shouldn’t take anymore than an hour, we arrived back just after 8pm and they were still working.

Didn’t get a good nights sleep due to the heat woke up throughout the night and in morning had a extremely sore head and felt unwell due to over heating. Then 8.30am the workmen arrived next door again and an hour later the drilling and banging started - I just wanted out of there at this point. They were fitting a new bathroom so unsure how this was essential the night before.

Spoke to reception about this got what felt like a halfhearted apology the did offer breakfast but I couldn’t stomach it and just wanted to leave. Was told we would receive an email don’t think we will here from them again maybe a little to lower class I don’t know but what was meant to be a nice treat and a break from it all ended up being not worth it at all. Can honestly say I have had a better sleep in the travelodge glad we didn’t book here for when we travel south for our wedding.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple