Lowest prices for your stay
US$95
Hotels.comUS$95
PricelineUS$99
getaroom.comUS$137
2,486 results
All reviews ash restaurant train station grand staircase lovely old hotel limited parking hospitality tray central location afternoon tea buffet style public areas biscuits hotel restaurant bottled water car park centre of town haggis porridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 November 2020 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the hotel on the 17th of November. I am exempt from wearing a mask due to medical reasons. When we went to the bar I was asked to show a exemption badge. I don't believe I should have to display that I have a condition that's means I don't have to wear one. The barman pointed to a seat and told me to sit there and was rude toward us. We ordered a drink each and mine was wrong. When my partner went to get it changed he was spoken to in a terrible manner by the barman. We had planned on having a meal there but we were made to feel so uncomfortable that we left. We ended up checking out around midnight as we were treated terribly and it ruined our night. When I contacted management they said that it was law to show exemption which it is not. He said that I was claiming to be exempt. They did not take my complaint seriously even though it's classed as a breach of my human rights. No one should speak to anyone that way let alone staff in an establishment where you are staying! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone after the treatment we recieved.

2  Thank ABCols126
Royal Highland, Guest Services / Front Office at Royal Highland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2020

Thank you for the review and while we thank you for supporting us during these trying times. We apologise for any inconvenience but we are duty bound to follow the government guidelines for the safety of our other guests and our employees during these trying times and we hope you will definitely understand the situation. We thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back and also wishing you and family a Very Happy Festive Period ahead.

Reviewed 25 November 2020 via mobile

Got a super deal for 2 nights bed & breakfast with dinner and a cocktail on the first night.
We were lucky enough to get a free parking space outside the hotel, but to be fair there’s reasonably priced parking nearby so wouldn’t be any bother if necessary.
Check in smooth and efficient but quite indifferent service, neither friendly nor unfriendly.
Room spotlessly clean and well appointed but very outdated decor and rather drab - couldn’t even call it old fashioned or traditional, it’s just dated!
Dinner was very very good and the cocktail was really good, however had it not been included in our deal I would have been horrified at the prices being charged. £9 for a deep fried starter and £17 for fish and chips : both nice but not huge portions. Add this together with a glass of wine and it’s £34 pounds per head for pakora, fish and chips and a wine : now that’s REALLY expensive in a hotel of this standard and does not represent good value for money at all. In essence it would be £80 per couple by the time you tip, and to be fair there is such a great choice of restaurants in inverness you’d get far better value elsewhere.
Breakfast is continental style and very very basic, but the lady in charge of breakfast was lovely. So friendly, warm and professional and was the only stand out member of staff we encountered: the rest just do their jobs and no more.
All in all I’d return for the location and the cleanliness, however I wouldn’t say it’s the sort of hotel where you’d want to spend much time in your room as it’s rather depressing and dingy. And I would never eat in the hotel unless it was included in the deal - I couldn’t justify the money for low quality (but tasty) food.
Staff need to be more welcoming and the rooms and corridors certainly need upgrading.

5  Thank Flyerboy1975

Thank you for the kind review and for your support during these challenging times. We have noted your observations very carefully and will take actions wherever necessary. We would look forward to welcome you back and we also wish you and family a Very Happy Festive period ahead.

Reviewed 20 November 2020 via mobile

Do yourself a favor go elsewhere. The cover photo paints a picture of grandeur, the main reception is, but thats where it ends. The rooms are outdated, they are not dirty, but they are not clean??? The internet is poor at best. The restaurant is dirty and smelly, the food is DISGUSTING, in all my years I have never tasted a burger as bad as my wife had tonight, if it wasn't for the grease the starter would have been tasteless. A full Scottish breakfast is included in the price but due to covid its been changed to a continental breakfast only, thats unless you pay an extra £5 then you can have a full Scottish breakfast. I'm booked for two nights, I want to go home, I'm not looking forward to my second night. On a plus side the TV works.

Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank pete8564
Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

Me and my partner arrived here for a 2 night stay from 31/10/20 - 02/11/20. From the moment we arrived we were greeted warmly from friendly reception lady.

Who advised due to us having some issues with booking (understandably due to Covid) that our room had been upgraded and that due to the hotel being unable to serve alcohol (covid restrictions) that we were again upgraded from our deal that had included a 2 course meal to a 3 course meal.

The room itself was very clean and presentable. Everything you need for a comfortable stay in this handy convenient Inverness location (beside the train station) the bathroom was clean and spacious with an amazing shower.

After arrival we dined on night 1 of stay. Where the food did not disappoint (especially the sirloin steak). A hearty Breakfast both mornings set us both up for the day ahead.

We will definitely be visiting again sometime in hopefully the near future. My partner and I would like to also kindly thank the pleasant and attentive staff of the Highland hotel.

Martin.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Royal Highland, Guest Services / Front Office at Royal Highland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2020

Thank you so much for the kind review and for supporting us in these challenging times. Team Royal Highland would look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 27 October 2020

My husband and I stayed here as a stop off on the way to Loch Ness. Our train was very late in so it was a relief to stay so close to the station. It isn’t anything fancy, and I probably wouldn’t stay if I was looking for luxury. It’s great value and had all you need for a comfortable nights sleep no frills.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank bhavneetd2020
Royal Highland, Guest Services / Front Office at Royal Highland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2020

Thank you for the kind review and your support during these challenging times. We would look forward to welcome you back.