Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Booking.comUS$146
eDreamsUS$146
TravelocityUS$145
2,486 results
All reviews ash restaurant train station grand staircase lovely old hotel limited parking hospitality tray central location afternoon tea buffet style public areas biscuits hotel restaurant bottled water car park centre of town haggis porridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2020 via mobile

Do yourself a favor go elsewhere. The cover photo paints a picture of grandeur, the main reception is, but thats where it ends. The rooms are outdated, they are not dirty, but they are not clean??? The internet is poor at best. The restaurant is dirty and smelly, the food is DISGUSTING, in all my years I have never tasted a burger as bad as my wife had tonight, if it wasn't for the grease the starter would have been tasteless. A full Scottish breakfast is included in the price but due to covid its been changed to a continental breakfast only, thats unless you pay an extra £5 then you can have a full Scottish breakfast. I'm booked for two nights, I want to go home, I'm not looking forward to my second night. On a plus side the TV works.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank pete8564
Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

Me and my partner arrived here for a 2 night stay from 31/10/20 - 02/11/20. From the moment we arrived we were greeted warmly from friendly reception lady.

Who advised due to us having some issues with booking (understandably due to Covid) that our room had been upgraded and that due to the hotel being unable to serve alcohol (covid restrictions) that we were again upgraded from our deal that had included a 2 course meal to a 3 course meal.

The room itself was very clean and presentable. Everything you need for a comfortable stay in this handy convenient Inverness location (beside the train station) the bathroom was clean and spacious with an amazing shower.

After arrival we dined on night 1 of stay. Where the food did not disappoint (especially the sirloin steak). A hearty Breakfast both mornings set us both up for the day ahead.

We will definitely be visiting again sometime in hopefully the near future. My partner and I would like to also kindly thank the pleasant and attentive staff of the Highland hotel.

Martin.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Royal Highland, Guest Services / Front Office at Royal Highland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2020

Thank you so much for the kind review and for supporting us in these challenging times. Team Royal Highland would look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 27 October 2020

My husband and I stayed here as a stop off on the way to Loch Ness. Our train was very late in so it was a relief to stay so close to the station. It isn’t anything fancy, and I probably wouldn’t stay if I was looking for luxury. It’s great value and had all you need for a comfortable nights sleep no frills.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bhavneetd2020
Royal Highland, Guest Services / Front Office at Royal Highland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2020

Thank you for the kind review and your support during these challenging times. We would look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 26 October 2020 via mobile

We arrived off the train from Plockton and it was minutes to the hotel, really handy for the station and the centre of town. The foyer is beautiful with the grandest staircase you’ve seen. Our room although nothing elaborate or fancy, it was huge, warm with good beds and coverings. The rooms need a little TLC ! Very good welcome by a lovely young blonde girl. Breakfast was another story, when we went down to the dining room, we were taken to a table with 2 small boxes of cereal, a plate each with : a banana, a yoghurt, a baby bel, 2 small croissants in a poly bag, a small pastry and 2 bite size muffins ! My friend is Gluten free they had nothing for her apart from 2 slices of bread. NO toast, machine horrid coffee ! Just ridiculous, if they can put all that together they can surely lay a buffet table with tongs. The cereal and yoghurt did me ! Having said that it was great for the price without the breakfast ! It wouldn’t put me off staying again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Elizabeth F

Thank you for the kind review and your support during these challenging times. As per the Covid Guidelines we cannot serve buffet style and we apologise for that. We would look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 21 October 2020

Stayed here for a couple of nights with friends. From the moment we arrived we felt so welcome, the young receptionist that checked us in was always smiling, chatty and extremely helpful over the duration of our stay (kirri i think she said her name was) Lovely hotel, decor a little bit tired in places but rooms were clean and spacious, beds comfortable and had everything we needed. Will definitely be back to stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jsorts
Royal Highland, Guest Services / Front Office at Royal Highland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2020

Thank you for your kind review and and your kind support during these challenging times. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and and we shall definitely pass on your kind compliments to Kiri. Team Royal Highland would look forward to welcome you back.