“A Surprise Find!”

Heathmount Hotel & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Heathmount Hotel & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 270 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We were in Inverness for three nights last week and stayed at a guest house near the city centre. The Heathmount was literally across the road and had been recommended to us by the guest house owner.

As we were advised to book a table even on a Thursday, we went on the open table app to book, however it was telling us they were fully booked. We decided that as it was early (5.30pm) and as it was so close, we decided to wander over for drinks anyway. Once there we enquired if there was any chance of food, just in case there had been cancellations, and was told they could indeed accommodate us. We fed back to the manager about the open table app informing us that they were fully booked and how we nearly didn't try them as a result. The manager was grateful for the feedback and said they had just started using the app and it was useful to get such feedback. (it showed the day you are on as full)

Once at our table, staff were attentive and friendly. The food was delivered promptly after ordering and was of excellent quality, so much so that we decided to dine there again the following evening. Being a Friday night it was very busy but we were able to find a table. The service remained prompt despite the venue being busy. We were never made to feel rushed and so we enjoyed some cocktails following another excellent meal.

Having eaten in some of the supposidly 'Top' eateries in Inverness the surprise really was just how good the food was at the Heathmount. With the nice fresh contemporary decor, great service and clean facilities we could not fault them.

Highly recommend for couples, groups or families as they have space and zoning to cope with all!

Heath99, Public Relations Manager at Heathmount Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Hi John, Thank you for a wonderful review. We're thrilled you enjoyed your visit, we also appreciate your feedback on the Open Table App and has been looked into. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Walked in Sat night. 4 of us. No reservation but squeezed us in. The menu has been much the same forever, but we all enjoyed starters and mains. Food first class. Staff very friendly and efficient. All good.
Its only round the corner but we have been avoiding the Heathmount sinced they refurbed it into a full open plan arrangement a year ago. If I am in a restaurant for a quiet meal, I don't want to be in the same space as public bar rowdies playing pool. I hope you are listening, Heathmount? Luckily this issue has been addressed by partioning between public bar and restaurant.

Heath99, Public Relations Manager at Heathmount Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Hello, Thanks for your review. We are most definitely listening and take all feedback on board.
We appreciate your time in leaving a review, and we're really delighted you found our food to be first class.
We hope you choose to come visit again soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Went here twice during our stay at Inverness. Food was excellent on both nights. Had fish and chips, steak pie, macaroni cheese, soup of the day - all very good!
Nice calm and friendly atmosphere. The place also has a live sport TV area and billiards, but for those who want the quite, you can sit in the non-TV area. Highly recommend!!!

Heath99, Public Relations Manager at Heathmount Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Hello, thanks for a great review! We're delighted you enjoyed your visit and would love to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

A group of ten of us had a table booked for a friends 50th Birthday, on a Saturday night.

The food was well received by everyone and I enjoyed my starter, the prawn and smoked salmon, which was delightful.

For my main I ordered a rare sirloin steak with salad, not chips. However my meal arrived with chips and had to be sent back, then it came without the pepper sauce and worst of all my steak was medium to well done. It was such a shame as it was a really good looking piece of meat. I could have sent it back again but I was fed up with it at this point so I ate it, luckily my friend didn’t want her pepper sauce so I had it instead.

For me personally if a chef can’t cook a steak to order then they are a very poor chef, unless of course there was a mix up with the order, either way it didn’t help me. In my opinion a well-cooked steak is a waste of meat, the entire essence of the meat is lost during cooking and so I have to say it was a ruined meal and consequently I couldn’t recommend this restaurant to anyone else.

The staff although very busy were all extremely polite and helpful.

1  Thank David9456

Hi David, Thank you for taking time to review your visit to our restaurant.
We're disappointed that you didn't enjoy your meal, and understand the disappointment that this has caused you. We do our utmost to ensure all of our customers enjoy the best possible experience and on this occasion we seem to have let you down, and for that we apologise. We trust that everyone else in your group enjoyed their meals, and hope that goes some way towards showing you that this was not our normal standard of service.
We would ask that if something isn't correct that a staff member is made aware at the time to allow us to best resolve the problem. We hope you choose to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I took the train from Edinburgh to Inverness and stayed overnight at the Heathmount. Our room was clean and comfortable, the dinner we had downstairs was good, and the location was an easy walk with our luggage from the railway station.

Heath99, Public Relations Manager at Heathmount Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Hello, Thanks for a great 5 star review, we appreciate such positive feedback.

We hope you choose to return to stay with us again soon