“Delicious Dinner”

Cuisines: Scottish, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We drove 50 minutes to get here and it was definitely worth it. I had a lovely soup to start with lovely bread and himself had lovely scallops. I had haggis for the main and himself had beautiful venison. We both loved the mains bur the deserts were truly special, I had the gingerbread and he had the poached pear. They were the nicest deserts I had in Scotland. The service was really good too.

1  Thank Catherine R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,759)

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Had lunch here today, a party of 4 with one vegetarian. The restaurant was a little cool, reflecting the tumbling outside temperature, but the log burner was kept well stoked by the friendly and helpful waiter. Not a vary long menu, but plenty of choices for us.
The beef stew had clearly been plated and kept warm while the other three main courses were plated, and had a tell-tale crust on both it and the mash, and the medium rare rib-eye steak was a little more medium than rare, but overall a very good lunch which with drinks and 2 courses each was still under £100 excluding tip.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

As a local chef who has eaten here before, I was very disappointed today at lunchtime with the chicken dish I ordered. Whilst my partner, also a chef was served a whole fillet of fish, reasonably priced at £11.95, I was served half of a chicken breast and the price of £15.95 made it one of the more expensive on the menu choices. The chicken breast had obviously been cooked as a whole breast then the chef had taken 3 slices from it and for what ever reason kept the rest in the kitchen. The garni accompaniment was lovely but I left feeling hungry. It was akin to a children's sized portion. I did query the reason with the chap whom I was informed was the supervisor and he said that was how the chef served it. Not a reasonable enough answer. I sadly won't return. Pull your socks up Mr/Ms Dores Inn chef, if you price your chicken so high, have the decency to serve the whole breast portion otherwise you give us chefs a bad reputation.

2  Thank Highlander787
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Can understand why people travel out of Inverness to this place.

The food !!!

Excellent service, excellent food, oh and some pretty good Gins in the small bar as well.

Granted it's busy even 'out of season' mid-week, so best book a table to avoid disappointment

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Pleasant location on Dores beach on the side of Loch Ness . Good quality food log fire and friendly service would recommend