All reviewsfresh fruitbreakfast was deliciouscomfortable bedother guestswalking distanceroom was largedefinitely stay here againon arrivalthe ground floornecropolisbnbensuitescotland
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Meeting Tom was a delight. He welcomed us with coffee and croissants and gave us helpful information about how to get around. We parked in front and walked to the Cathedral to catch the Hop On bus that took us to the museums and other sites. We walked to nearby restaurants.
We are traveling with our adult daughter. At most places we have all three shared a room. Here, she had her own room with a full bed and our room was large with a comfortable king size bed. Both rooms, with delicious breakfasts cost less than we have been paying for rooms with us crammed in together, with a small bed or cot for her.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Nice room, very comfortable bed. We arrived about nine in the morning (after an all night flight) and we were greeted with coffee, tea and croissants. Tom was extremely helpful, our stay wonderful and I highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jimketchum55
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Sits on a quiet little cul de sac street and is a beautifully-restored 100+ year old home. Tom welcomed us into his home and provided lots of sightseeing tips and assistance.

Delicious breakfast is provided and the rooms were beautiful.

We had some late-arriving fellow travelers that proved a bit noisy (just doors closing and talking- not partying!), but old homes were not built with soundproofed walls! Expect that and bring ear plugs, just in case. Definitely not a complaint! Just an observation and recommendation.

Also, be sure to get good directions to find the Claremount! Broompark Circus was not on our map and it was confusing to find.

HIGHLY recommended for your Glasgow visit! Walking distance to the Necropolis and Cathedral and the River Clyde.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Booked Claremont House for a weekend stay in Glasgow with my partner. We were greeted with a muffin and a cup of coffee! The room was large with a comfortable bed, fairly basic but then we didn't come to stay in a room all weekend! The area was quiet but close to some excellent restaurants, the Indian 5 minutes down the road is well worth a visit and would recommend booking for a weekend. It was a 15-20 minute walk into the centre of Glasgow and whilst strolling in, check out the artwork at the Tennants factory. Breakfast was plentiful and although not the best I've ever had, they accommodated my vegetarian ways without question, even providing veggie sausages! Lots of brochures and information for guests to utilise in the lounge/breakfast area which you can relax in. Would recommend to anyone who wants a convenient and reasonable break in Glasgow.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma K
Reviewed 9 December 2016

I drove up from London and got stuck in traffic. We originally told Tom that we'd arrive at around 22:30, but it ended up being closer to 00:15. Tom stayed up and we were greeted with a huge very welcoming smile.

I didn't pay attention to how I could pay and didn't bring cash. Tom said that this wasn't a problem and let me pay by BACS.

Breakfast was originally planned for 08:30 but we asked for it to moved back to 08:15. Tom did this without complaint and the breakfast was amazing.

I originally booked two single rooms, however on arrival I was upgraded to a double room and my colleague was upgraded to a twin room for no extra cost.

The rooms were cosy, clean and very comfortable.

I'm a business speaker and from my experience of running several businesses in the past I can say that Tom has absolutely nailed customer service, our expectations were blown out of the water and if we need to go to Glasgow again for business we'll be making another booking with Tom without hesitation.

Side note - If you're thinking of setting up a business in any field, it worth paying a visit to this hotel to see how customer service is meant to be done.

Room Tip: Book This B&B Now
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business