“Amazing Pie!”

Bothy Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 2,682 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$19 - US$39
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Bothy is a unique Scottish restaurant located just off Byres Road in the West End of Glasgow. Experience a return to Scottish home cooking, the traditional way with the likes of haggis, neeps and tatties, grilled Scottish salmon and steak pie amongst others. No matter how stuffed you are you'll not want to miss dessert with dishes such as pistachio creme brulee or mango and raspberry iced parfait to name but a few.The combination of friendly service and a delicious, hearty menu make The Bothy the perfect location for family and friends to enjoy dinner in welcoming, Scottish surroundings. If you are in a group it won't cost a penny more to hire one of the private rooms just for yourselves.Free wifi access is available every day of the week, ideal if you've got a working lunch or just feel like a nosey on Facebook.
Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

Came here in search of fish & chips at lunch on a Saturday. My friend had the fish & chips and they were fresh and flavorful. I ordered the steak & mushroom pie which was fantastic!!!

Bothy G, General Manager at Bothy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

Dear Myrka L,

Many thanks for your recent review, glad to read you enjoyed the food and we hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,

Calum

Write a ReviewReviews (1,477)

Reviewed 9 October 2015

I went with my partner for lunch on my 60th birthday. The staff were efficient and friendly. There was something for everyone on the menu. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal, the only exception was that the beef wasn't too warm. However, it was such a gorgeous rib of beef that it didn't really matter.

Bothy G, Manager at Bothy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2015

Dear Patricia23375,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review! Please let us know in future if anything isn't quite as you'd like it and we'l get it fixed for you immediately!

We hope you had a lovely birthday and that we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

We went to the Bothy and had warm welcome as we entered.
We were given the choice of seating areas which both looked very comfortable.
Our food orders were taken promptly too. All the food served was delicious.
There was an excellent range of wines and spirits also.
My only criticism of this restaurant was that our main meal order was wrong however this was quickly resolved.
I would revisit this restaurant again.

Dear David M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of The Bothy! So glad that you enjoyed your meal with us!

Apologies for the mix up, but I'm pleased to read that we were able to rectify it quickly for you!

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 October 2015

Five of us went here for a birthday dinner on a Saturday night. The restaurant is in a cute old cottage tucked away in a very unassuming back lane behind busy Byres Road. The décor is very modern, but attractive and cosy. The wait staff wear modern kilts to give it that authentic feel and a touch of gimmick. The food is a modern take on traditional Scottish fare, with the likes of Haggis & whisky sauce for starters, or chicken stuffed with black pudding for mains. When we rang up to book we were told that they were very busy and we could only be given a very early reservation of 6pm. When we arrived it wasn't particularly full and we feel we could have come in a bit later. The service was a bit hit & miss. Once seated it took ages for anybody to come back and ask if we wanted drinks and then more time before we were asked for our meals orders. After that we had a change of waiter for some reason and the service picked up and was very friendly. The food is good, but I wouldn't say was excellent and there was a fair bit of variation between portion sizes, with some mains looking more like starters. In terms of prices, it could be considered in the mid to fine dining range. Overall we had a pleasant evening in a nice setting, but we feel the staff are maybe a bit full of themselves and the restaurant thinks it's a little more special than it is.

Dear Oz-Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review for us! We're so pleased that you enjoyed your food.
On Saturday evenings, as it is the busiest night of the week, we do stagger our bookings and try to allow guests the longest time possible on tables so that they do not feel rushed at all, as is the style of service that we aim for. To allow for this we offer the earlier evening time slots.
We were surprised to read your 'staff are a bit full of themselves' comment, as most feedback received is that the service is efficient but unobtrusive/understated, however, I have discussed your comments with the team as we're always looking to improve our guests experience!

Reviewed 8 October 2015

I hired one of 'The Bothy' meeting rooms recently. The service and food were second to none and the ambiance cozy and relaxing. A full size screen and projector were provided free of change and nothing was too much trouble for our waitress Montana, who did a sterling job of looking after 17 people all on her own. The menu was varied and extremely reasonable. The house wine was delish...absolutely no need to pay astronomical prices for a good bottle of wine here. My guests were delighted and raved about the food all evening. Downside: when I went to pay my bill and leave a gratuity in recognition of the brilliant service, there was no facility to do so if you are paying by debit or credit card. This is a 'cash only' tip restaurant, and to be honest, I don't know too many people that carry much more than a few pennies in cash in their pockets now a days. G1 Group, the fantastic staff in this restaurant deserve better....we the users of this fine establishment want to show our appreciation! After raising the matter, I have been assured by the G1 group management that this situation is under review and will be rectified soon...I am watching this space!

dear Anniee012,

Thanks for your lovely feedback! So nice to read. I'll be sure to pass on your kind comments to Montana!

We look forward to seeing you next time that you're in, hopefully with a solution to your tipping issue!