“WOW!!”

Price range: US$61 - US$61
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2018

This was an excellent visit overall. We booked a 2 course meal for 2 + a bottle of wine for £45. Shown to our table by a very smart and cheery waitress we found out was Rachel. Menu gave us a very good choice - we were given some beautiful home made bread and butter. I picked a salad starter - fennel and apple with lots of things I can't remember, while my wife had smoked haddock bon bons. We both agreed that these were amongst the best starters we have ever had. My main course was ham while my wife had slow cooked lamb - again both were excellent. The house red wine was super - a light one by Patriache et fils - a blast from the past! Not rushed in any way and it is a visit I will remember. Now a few observations which in no way detract from our visit - it is a little away from regular bus routes, so a taxi was required. Strangely my wife got 3 smoked haddock bon bons while the man at our adjoining table got 4 - is this because we were on the fixed price menu and he wasn't? - I think the Restaurant should comment. Finally while Rachel was in a smart black dress, the other 'waiter' was very casual in tee shirt and shorts! He actually looked out of place. We certainly are not snobs and were very casually dressed ourselves, but I think a restaurant producing this quality of food let their image drop a little here. As I said it didn't detract from our overall enjoyment and the Sisters is well worthy of the 5 stars>

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The Sisters Restaurant is recognised in the west of Glasgow as a venue for top notch food and terrific service in comfortabkle surroundings.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Such a delicious pre theatre last night! I had the Sea Bream with Dauphinoise Potato followed by a light, fluffy fruit Mousse with Coconut Ice Cream. Lovely, friendly young staff...Delightful!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

It’s nice to have a 2nd impression even better than the 1st, especially when it was good to start!
The Sisters did this on our Saturday night visit.
Every aspect of our visit was perfect.
From the complimentary soda bread to the sticky meringue at dessert, every mouthful was delicious.
The waiting staff are very polite and friendly. They never stand still and keep a good eye on every table to ensure everyone is taken care of.
The haddock & rice balls were a delicately flavoured success and the Ham main course was so comforting and tasty.
Can’t wait til visit number 3.

1  Thank gerryburns1974
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

My son who lives in Glasgow had booked this restaurant for a family evening meal at this popular location in Glasgow. Having not been here for over 12 months it will be interesting in the quality of meals & the service from the staff.
Well menu certainly looks familiar again but entrée was tasty, main was fair - lamb was a little salty & vegies ok, but sweets was average & nothing to rave about.
Service from the staff was very average - 2 ladies on duty, grt8 at the start when we arrived but later in the evening they were a little slack, slow & chatting in the kitchen too much. Maybe new staff ?
Needed to ask the patrons hows the food is as well as the service when bringing out the beverages too.
* Certainly could be bigger improvements in all areas of service.