All reviews tribute night steak pie function suite full scottish breakfast great night bit dated last minute booking very pleasant stay family room rail station hotel staff visiting glasgow an overnight stay cooked breakfast giffnock lorraine bungalow
Reviewed 2 August 2015

ad dinner last night in the hotel dining room, itself very relaxing from the word go. Tables more than adequate with a good space between.
Last evening we were just two, before there have been four, or eight of us (including a 5yr old) mainly for lunch.
Whatever the occasion we have been given exceptionally good treatment from the staff. They are experienced, friendly, attentive and unobstrusive when they should be.
Drew and Aileen particularly rate a mention for doing their job so well
Last evening we were ushered in (which immediately made us feel special as it was a birthday meal). The food, all three courses, was all fresh and very well cooked (as always) and the wine was good and reasonably priced . All in all a perfect night out, thanks to the ambience, the staff and the chef - A big Thank You to all of them
C&LM

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Letty M
Lesley S, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

Dear Guest

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review for The Redhurst Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal and your praise of the hard working staff. I am fortunate to having a willing and eager team here at the hotel, who have a natural and friendly approach to their job, giving excellent service.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2015

We have stayed here previously and i am not in the habit of frivolously praising places. Since our last stay the rooms have been painted and our room completely overhauled. Breakfast is always great and the staff, all of them, are unbelievably friendly. This is not a top hotel or restaurant so don't expect it to be but it is a really good cheap place to stay for a couple of nights

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Lesley S, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and kind comments.

The total redevelopment of the hotel is planned for the future with radical changes to both inside and outside of the building, but in the interim period a light refurbishment has taken place including new decor and carpets throughout and free WIFI in both the bedrooms and all public areas.

Myself and the team continue to strive to make each guests stay an comfortable and pleasurable experience and I am delighted you enjoyed our hospitality.

I look forwards to welcoming you back to The Redhurst Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 July 2015

Went for lunch last weekend with family members and could not find anything wrong with the food or service. Staff were very pleasant and happy to help with any requirements and food was very reasonably priced. Will be returning to the redhurst for lunch/dinner very soon.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Lesley S, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2015

Dear Guest

May I take this opportunity to thank you for posting your recent review of our restaurant within The Redhurst hotel.

I am delighted that the quality of both food and service met and hopefully exceeded your expectations .

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

This was a one night stop over. It was all a little last min, I was working in the area and needed somewhere to stay.

First of all they told me how much the room was for this particular day (just a Tuesday) ignore the sign with the price on outside the hotel.
Having said that I managed to get it down to near that sign.
Anyway as I was in the room in the evening I thought to myself there is no way I'd have paid the price they wanted!!

My room. Room 8 - basic. fine I didn't want / expect much. It was clean-ish
There's no plugs near the bed which I found odd...so no bedside table light, instead you had to spot lights that seen to be directed straight into your eyes, very very bright and not really what you want as a replacement for a bedside light.

The bathroom is very dated but ok. The taps on the sink are a completely different style to each other which stood out to me.

I had a meal in the restaurant downstairs. Which was pretty poor! I mean I only ordered burger and chips and it felt like I was chewing a slipper not a burger!
Maybe I was just unlucky.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Bennooo
Lesley S, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review for The Redhurst Hotel.

Our room rates are based on availability and the overall demand in Glasgow and although our rooms are not modern, I am suprised by your comments which have not been echoed by other reviewers.

I am sorry you felt your burger was not up to standard, should this have been conveyed to your server, they would have endeavoured to rectify this.

I thank you once again for your comments as we welcome all customer feedback.

Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night. Really enjoyed our stay but I must say the staff are what make this hotel. From Lesley, the manager, to aisleynne in the restaurant and John on the night shift, they all made for a great stay for us. Really good meal deal, 3 courses for £21.50 that includes a drink and breakfast in the morning. Will definitely return.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shell2806
Lesley S, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2015

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your recent review & kind comments following your recent stay at The Redhurst Hotel,

Your comments are appreciated by all our team and I am delighted you enjoyed our hospitality.

I look forward to welcoming you back.